Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

do you food prep?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 6:12 PM
  • 7 Replies

I chopped up some green peppers, onion, and cucumber today.  Also have some cantaloupe I took care of after this photo was taken :)  Will be making a huge batch of some chili tomorrow, to take care of the zillion tomatoes I also bought today LOL.

Do you food prep ahead of time?

by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
bluedeaj
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Also, currently living with my mom and she has the most AMAZING knives ever.  Cutco.  If I ever get to spoil myself with spending hundreds of dollars on knives I'm getting those LOL.  Until then, I will just keep using hers :p  It was the quickest food prep ever :)

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:31 PM
No but I should
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Not usually but I probably should
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluedeaj
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Paleo inspired Chili, seven servings.  omg it looks delicious.  I have to wait about 10 more minutes before I can eat any LOL.

miss_AP
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I do sometimes, but I find my cucumbers and peppers last longer if I don't. So I chop those as I go. I always prep my melons though or else they never get eaten! And I alwyas wash everything right away so the kids can just grab out of the fruit bowl.

ballerossandra
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't chop food that i can cook later but I do cook and freeze. I have a lot of chicken soup, homemade tomatoer sauce, vegetable stir

ngarciaf
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I do tons of food prep. It's Sunday. So I prep my veggies. Usually also do a large batch of white rice and some pasta. I cook ground beef ahead of time and freeze it. So I the week as soon as we get in and DS is saying he is hungry, dinner takes less than 10 minutes. Such a breeze. Plus less clean up in the week as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN