Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Y?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:22 PM
  • 22 Replies

Y r u single mom? Do you ever wish your other half was still around to help?

by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluedeaj
by Deidre on Nov. 14, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I'm a single mom because my marriage was no longer worth being a part of. Both of us were unhappy, and had been unhappy for a couple years, even with trying to make things work (I'll admit, I feel I tried and he did not).  Thankfully we are still on speaking terms and are able to coparent with minimal issues.

He didn't really help much when he was around, he's in the military.  So I spent a lot of time parenting without him anyway so no, I don't wish he was still around.  His presence caused more stress than help for me.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:45 AM
I asked him to leave best decision I made. He decided to not be part of his child's life
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty068
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:37 AM
1 mom liked this
My sons father decided he wanted to run around with other women, so I kicked him out so he could be free to do so. My son was two at the time and he was not much help when he was home anyway.
gee18
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:41 AM
Because he doesn't know what he wants in life, he wants to be free and be as if he didn't have a daughter.. he once told me he wished he lived a double life but he basically was he just got caught..
triggersmom27
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 4:53 AM

my son's donor walked out on us when i was 9months pregnant. his choice but i'm glad he stays away!

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Im a single mother because he thought beating, verbal abusing, cheating, free loading, drugs, were more important than being a dad.
fjoseph83
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Im single because once I told the father I was pregnant he notified me that he needed to take time to get his life together he then stopped calling and stopped coming around im 3 months pregnant now haven't heard from or seen him since I told him.
Karen24
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 10:50 AM
I could write a book on that subject. My short answer is because I got sick of living with a lazy, self-centered man child who lies all the time.
alexis_06
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:06 PM

i am a single mom because my ex decided he didnt want to have a child...i do not wish he was here to help...but i do wish i would have a man in my life that love me and my daughter!!

mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I'm single because our relationship didn't work out. Neither of us was happy, we were both stressed from outside things like family and jobs. We are actually on friendly terms now and he does see his son most weekends. He's around as much as I'd like.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN