Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you start dating again?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

This question is for moms who were never in a relationship with their children's fathers.

My son is nine months old. His biological dad has never been in the picture. Right now I don't feel like being away from my son, let alone start dating. But if I do decide to have more children I don't want there to be too much of an age difference. I'm 15yrs older than my youngest sibling, and I don't want that for my son. Anyways, I feel like the pressure is on to meet the right one, get married, and have another child before my son turns five.

So I guess my question is: how old was your child when you started dating again?

by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bigmama423
by Liz on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I think the time is right, when you feel it is. :)
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't start dating until it felt right to me.  You'll know when you're ready.

luvligrl323
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I left YDD BF when she was 2 months old. It was an abusive situation. I actually met DH at work were we were both teaching. His son also attended our preschool. We became friends and started dating about a a year and a half after we met. I was not really looking at the time and was still healing from my past relationship. We took it slow and have been together for 6 years now. Getting married in May. I think when the time is right you will know it. Is best not to rush into anything. You don't just want anyone, you want the one. We plan on having a child together in the next 2-3 years. My YDD will be 10.
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
As the pps have said when you're ready you will know. The time needed depends on each person.
Saurusmom8
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:14 AM
My son is 9 and I feel bad for wasting almost 3yrs on someone who wasn't right for me. At this time I do not forsee myself dating again unless he was really good to me. :)
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:41 PM

i haven't been on a date since i was pregnant..(10+yrs now)   :(

LaStrongMommy
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Ive been dating off and on for a few years now. The last 2 relationship i was in my son was around. For the last 2 1/2 - 3 years i have dated but have not introduced my son to those men. This relationship i am in now i did things a little different. Also is the first time for me dating a guy that plays an active role in his childs life.
I somewhat feel the same pressure as u about having another child with not a huge age gap. My son is now 8 and the man i am currently dating wants another child. We havent been ogether very long but im considering. My siblings and i are 9 yrs nd a feww weeks apart and i remember being very angry and upset with my parents andr ebelling against them. I dont want the same to happen to my son but also feel that since he would have someone around his age (bfs child) he would be fine and a little more supportive. Pmus for the last several yra my son has asked when am i going to give him a sibling. My response to him was when i found the right guy. And i have found that right guy now but also been called selfish for ttc with my boyfriend.
steviechick
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I should have left my ex husband 10 years ago.  But, I stayed married to him because of my daughter and the mere fact that we had been married for 17 years by then.  I stayed too long and ultimately was used and abused mentally by a total scumbag.  I wasn't really looking for someone but decided to check out Match.com and met a good man there.  If I didn't click on his name and send a quick message to him I wouldn't have eventually met him.  They say you meet someone when you least expect it.  Well, even on a dating site!  I was at Match.com for almost three months when I finally got a decent response.  I'm glad I stuck it out there.  There should never be a 'time constraint' on your life.  When you are ready to date you should.  I was ready to date when I started my on-line quest to meet someone.  I had been divorced for nearly three years.  Prior to that my ex and I barely had a relationship as he was too busy chasing after a co-worker.  My daughter is in college.   She's happy I'm dating someone and see's how very happy am with this new guy.  She saw my miserable marriage to her father.  She said I deserved to be truly happy in life - for once. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)