Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

When did you start dating again?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

This question is for moms who were never in a relationship with their children's fathers.

My son is nine months old. His biological dad has never been in the picture. Right now I don't feel like being away from my son, let alone start dating. But if I do decide to have more children I don't want there to be too much of an age difference. I'm 15yrs older than my youngest sibling, and I don't want that for my son. Anyways, I feel like the pressure is on to meet the right one, get married, and have another child before my son turns five.

So I guess my question is: how old was your child when you started dating again?

by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bigmama423
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I think the time is right, when you feel it is. :)
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't start dating until it felt right to me.  You'll know when you're ready.

luvligrl323
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I left YDD BF when she was 2 months old. It was an abusive situation. I actually met DH at work were we were both teaching. His son also attended our preschool. We became friends and started dating about a a year and a half after we met. I was not really looking at the time and was still healing from my past relationship. We took it slow and have been together for 6 years now. Getting married in May. I think when the time is right you will know it. Is best not to rush into anything. You don't just want anyone, you want the one. We plan on having a child together in the next 2-3 years. My YDD will be 10.
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
As the pps have said when you're ready you will know. The time needed depends on each person.
Saurusmom8
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 12:14 AM
My son is 9 and I feel bad for wasting almost 3yrs on someone who wasn't right for me. At this time I do not forsee myself dating again unless he was really good to me. :)
alexis_06
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:41 PM

i haven't been on a date since i was pregnant..(10+yrs now)   :(

LaStrongMommy
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Ive been dating off and on for a few years now. The last 2 relationship i was in my son was around. For the last 2 1/2 - 3 years i have dated but have not introduced my son to those men. This relationship i am in now i did things a little different. Also is the first time for me dating a guy that plays an active role in his childs life.
I somewhat feel the same pressure as u about having another child with not a huge age gap. My son is now 8 and the man i am currently dating wants another child. We havent been ogether very long but im considering. My siblings and i are 9 yrs nd a feww weeks apart and i remember being very angry and upset with my parents andr ebelling against them. I dont want the same to happen to my son but also feel that since he would have someone around his age (bfs child) he would be fine and a little more supportive. Pmus for the last several yra my son has asked when am i going to give him a sibling. My response to him was when i found the right guy. And i have found that right guy now but also been called selfish for ttc with my boyfriend.
steviechick
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I should have left my ex husband 10 years ago.  But, I stayed married to him because of my daughter and the mere fact that we had been married for 17 years by then.  I stayed too long and ultimately was used and abused mentally by a total scumbag.  I wasn't really looking for someone but decided to check out Match.com and met a good man there.  If I didn't click on his name and send a quick message to him I wouldn't have eventually met him.  They say you meet someone when you least expect it.  Well, even on a dating site!  I was at Match.com for almost three months when I finally got a decent response.  I'm glad I stuck it out there.  There should never be a 'time constraint' on your life.  When you are ready to date you should.  I was ready to date when I started my on-line quest to meet someone.  I had been divorced for nearly three years.  Prior to that my ex and I barely had a relationship as he was too busy chasing after a co-worker.  My daughter is in college.   She's happy I'm dating someone and see's how very happy am with this new guy.  She saw my miserable marriage to her father.  She said I deserved to be truly happy in life - for once. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN