Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I have no friends

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:31 PM
  • 20 Replies

I don't go out like ever. I never have a sitter and I hate feeling like I'm pawning off my kid. I also don't really have money to blow at the bar. I'd rather be at home with my son, being a mom. Well that means I have no friends now. All my friends either don't have kids or have people to watch them whenever so they go out to the bars all the time. It's just not my thing. Even tonight I could have gone out for a "friends" birthday at Enchanted Castle. I probably could have brought my son for awhile and saw some people. The thing is I didn't even get the invite until after I saw someone else a couple days ago and they thought I was already invited, an hour or so later I got the invite on FB from the person whose b-day it was. I just don't talk to anyone except sort of on FB and the last time I did go out with them, like a year ago, it didn't go well. I was so out of the loop and then they got mad when I was leaving b/c I had been up early with my son and wasn't all for the way younger guy hitting on me and left for my bf (we were in rocky terms then) My bf is now on the outs with all of his friends and they all hate me anyways and me and him are even on not so good terms.

I feel so alone all the time. I don't even fit in with the moms from my sons school His dad pays for catholic school, they're all 10 years old than me and have money. I'm the single, young, poor mom. I don't fit in anywhere.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
woodstock525
by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Have you thought about joining a mom's group in your area and perhaps doing play dates with mom's and their kids?  Or, does your parish have a singles group for folks your age?

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Do you have anyone who would watch ds so you can go out? Try going out once in a while to give yourself time to relax. Have you tried hanging out with your friends with both of your kids?
TurtleMami
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 1:58 AM

I feel the same way. Except in my case, my son's birth coincided with my decision to cut ties with anyone who took me for granted. My pregnancy was a wake up call; I wasn't happy. So now I'm trying to focus on what make  me happy, my son, and not what other's think I should be doing. Is there anyone who can watch your son for a little bit? Go out on your own, even if it's just for coffee.

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:48 AM
2 moms liked this
You have to stop being a " debbie downer" those people who you thought was your friends aint really your friend anyway. They sound immature. You have to try to keep thinking postive, even when life aint so positive. I know its hard. Its hard to find good friends who share your interests, but its possible. If you try doing different things, meet new friends at work, mommy groups, volunteering, maybe taking classes at a community college. Even when your out looking fine, smelling good, smiling might attract a nice guy?
Saurusmom8
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:15 AM
I have lost a lot of friends over the years for this reason. Good riddance.

The truth is that you are a mom. Its a part of your life. When its their time they will understand. Its a new normal.

I have to work and my son is super involved in activities so that's where I meet people. I gave up expecting friends to fulfill my every need and I am learning to just love where people are at and extend the same to myself.

I have given my notice to one job and decided to go back to school ft. I hope for better for myself. Meeting people is a reward and blessing but the ultimate focus is my education and goals for the call ahead.

:)
Saurusmom8
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM
This

Quoting hopealways4019:

You have to stop being a " debbie downer" those people who you thought was your friends aint really your friend anyway. They sound immature. You have to try to keep thinking postive, even when life aint so positive. I know its hard. Its hard to find good friends who share your interests, but its possible. If you try doing different things, meet new friends at work, mommy groups, volunteering, maybe taking classes at a community college. Even when your out looking fine, smelling good, smiling might attract a nice guy?

lunyuny
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM
I dont have any friends really either
ballerossandra
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:57 AM

same here.I talk to some moms during a play date or my son's gym. I am a working single mom and most playdates I see on Meet ups are for acivities beofre 3 pm or starting at 3 and we can't make it.

I have zero conversations with adults alone. It should change

hang in there

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:55 PM
I have one friend our time is at one of our houses the kids play we talk I don't go out either
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nursemommy6
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:57 PM

I'll be your friend, feel free to pm me!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)