Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Need to move on

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:11 AM
  • 6 Replies

I still have feelings for my babies father who is my ex now.  It just sucks because I know he doesn't want to be with me.  Like he acts like I am not pretty and he wouldn't have sex with me.  But when I go out with other guys he suddenly wants to.  Why does he do that??  We were trying to be together but alot of things changed and now I think I want to be with him.  Should I just let it go? And how do I do that lol

by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bluedeaj
by Deidre on Nov. 17, 2013 at 2:16 AM

honestly, you need to focus on you.  Find out what YOU want out of life and do what is best for you and your child/children.  Once you are set with yourself, and happy with yourself, you'll be able to know what you truly want in a significant other/spouse.  Until that time, you just aren't ready.

He is not ready either, just by what you've written.  You two may very well end up married and happy.  But not like this.  Not at this point.  First, be confident in who you are and what you want.  And then, he needs to be this way as well and not messing around with your feelings.

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 8:48 AM
I agree with the pp. It sounds like neither one of you are ready to move on.
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 3:02 PM

It sounds like a) you're not quite ready to move on to someone new and b) he's an immature man!

Give yourself time to get over that relationship before you move on.

OCALAMOMOFTWINS
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

It is a process that you just have to go through. And there is no way to speed it up. I have just been through the same thing. About a week ago, after 2 years, I just woke up one day and said to myself, "I am tired of hateing you. I am emotionally and physically drained from hateing you." And I didn't anymore. I am where I have wanted to be for years with this man. I feel nothing. And now I can move on.

Good luck, sorry you have to go through it.

LilMamaK
by Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Personaly i feel like your ex is playing head games. He wants to confuse you and use your fealings for him against you. Ge is jealous and still has feelings for you but rather put you down and hurt you. Huge sign to stay away! Any man who will treat you that way when your not together isnt worth being with! Focus on you and your child and make your own way in life. Cut ties and enjoy your life hun! Jmo!
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Feelings don't just disappear over night and because you have a child with him you can't just ignore him like you would any other ex. Focus on you and your child it will get easier
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)