Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dating, yes or no UPDATE

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:04 PM
  • 19 Replies
2 moms liked this

UPDATE: Well over Thanksgiving we took his daughter out for her birthday(my invite), then the following weekend we went to lunch  between games(his invite). Then Sunday we got lectured by his daughter that "you can talk to your husband later". So I finally emailed him this morning saying, one of these days we should go to dinner without our daughters to tell us we talk to much. Granted I am leaving on Friday to go to my mom's, but I now have a dinner date when I get back. :)

I really truly hate the whole dating scene. I am at the point where I'd just like a mail order husband. I need ideas please ladies.

My oldest daughter plays soccer for two teams. There is a single dad whose daughter plays for the same two teams. We have been talking a lot, at games, at dinner (away tournament), breakfast (away tournament), games, games, games. Friday we had a late night game and again chatted. His daughter made a comment to mine about how we were talking an awful lot and that would just be weird. At today's game we sat together (again, seems like we have sat together the last 5 weeks worth of games) and we were talking with another mom about our late night Friday game. I said, "well at least I had a hot date", and how the guy is my soccer husband. He's like, yeah, she's my soccer wife. Chatted after the game which we tend to do.

Am I imagining things or is there something there? I know he's single, met his ex-wife and no girlfriend. Any ideas for seeing if it is something more?

Yes, I am very shy and do not flirt well, no do I find dates well. Ideas? 

by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluedeaj
by Deidre on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I don't date, didn't really do it prior to meeting my now ex husband either.  But be confident in yourself and just ask "hey, would you like to go to dinner sometime just us?" and see how he takes it.

bluedeaj
by Deidre on Nov. 17, 2013 at 7:31 PM

oh and no, I don't think you're imagining things.  It could either just be playful flirting on his part. Does he tend to be a natural flirt with others? some people are. or does he seem to only make these types of remarks with you?

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I have only seen him act like that with me. I forgot to add that at today's game he was sitting behind and to.the left of me on the bleachers. Halfway through the game I was leaning back on his knee.

I hate it that I lack confidence in dating. I am not a shy person, extremely outgoing and I will talk to anyone. But when it comes to dating I am lost. I have only had 4 boyfriends, the 4th one is my ex husband.

Quoting bluedeaj:

oh and no, I don't think you're imagining things.  It could either just be playful flirting on his part. Does he tend to be a natural flirt with others? some people are. or does he seem to only make these types of remarks with you?

bluedeaj
by Deidre on Nov. 17, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I've only had two actual boyfriends lol.  The guy I dated senior year into college, and then my now ex husband.  I feel ya.  I did go on a couple dates between the two, but nothing serious.

Just ask :)  Or better yet, not dinner.  Unless you're comfortable with that (since you guys have eaten dinner together before).  But ask if he'd like to go hiking with you, or some other fun activity, kidless.  the kidless will give him the hint :)  Heck, you never know!  Dating can be fun, it doesn't have to be stressful :)

Quoting krisnkids:

I have only seen him act like that with me. I forgot to add that at today's game he was sitting behind and to.the left of me on the bleachers. Halfway through the game I was leaning back on his knee.

I hate it that I lack confidence in dating. I am not a shy person, extremely outgoing and I will talk to anyone. But when it comes to dating I am lost. I have only had 4 boyfriends, the 4th one is my ex husband.

Quoting bluedeaj:

bigmama423
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:36 PM
This... :)

Quoting bluedeaj:

I don't date, didn't really do it prior to meeting my now ex husband either.  But be confident in yourself and just ask "hey, would you like to go to dinner sometime just us?" and see how he takes it.

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Same for me. Except I didn't marry my ds' sperm donor, but he was my 4th bf.
And your soccer hubby is a little flirtatious. Try some more casual comments like he's my soccer dh and stuff like that. Can't hurt.

Quoting krisnkids:

Quoting bluedeaj:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this

i think going on a kidless date might be a good idea..go for a walk, see a movie, go bowling..something!!   :)

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Nov. 17, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I told one of our doctors who hassles me about dating just to do an arranged marriage hey it worked for her 27 years!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I wish! If there weren't kids involved I might think about it.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

I told one of our doctors who hassles me about dating just to do an arranged marriage hey it worked for her 27 years!

Callaly
by Jessica on Nov. 18, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Maybe just tell him you aren't good at the whole "dating" thing, but you would like to see him outside of just game nights? Maybe being out spoken on your uncomfortableness will be charming.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN