Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

wen i say broke ...i mean broke..!!!

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:35 AM
  • 18 Replies
wen i tell ppl i,m broke ..i mean broke..thy thank i,m kidding ..i mean like $2 to my name till next month..yes that broke..
how broke have u been or are ?
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluedeaj
by Deidre on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:47 AM

I've been like that before.  I don't usually use the term broke.  I just say I can't afford it right now if someone is trying to get me to do something I can't afford.  Usually I don't talk about money with other people.  It's a private matter to me.

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:58 AM
I was like that when I first moved. I had to borrow money to pay my rent
regian19832002
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:18 AM

been there and still get that way and with christmas coming will be that way more 

ivf_blessed
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 2:08 PM

BTDT - hope things get better for you soon!

mmpdrs07
by Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Im there right now!  And OMG Christmas is staring me down and I just wanna cry about that one.  Yes I have a job that I make ok money at but I also have just about that many bills too!  If it weren't for my mother allowing me to stay in one of her rentals for no rent I would have already been done for.  

connorsmom2009
by New Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Yes i have $9.00 to my name. And still have to pay the electric bill. 

bigmama423
by on Nov. 18, 2013 at 7:52 PM

My bank account is like an onion. I tear up every time I see it...I've seen negative numbers in there... living check to check is not fun.

snglm5
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I Feel the pain and have been living this way for 3 years now.  Trying to make it better but its hard with 5 kids, not enough child support and I only work part time since I am the only person who takes care of the kids.  I have a college degree and am working on my MPS degree, you would think I could support myself.... One day at a time... this can't last forever.

Serene10
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM
2 moms liked this

It is a terrible place to be in and of course a worse thing to live.  

I would encourage you to look outside of yourself to find answers. Sometimes, we get truly consumed with the negative things that it becomes difficult to find alternate answers. 

Perhaps, you can help others with odds and ends around their house, or become someone's personal assistant, knock on doors in elite neighborhoods and do the grocery shopping for folks.  

There is always an opportunity or an alternative but sometimes we get lost in our pain, and thinking and creating is the last thing on our minds -- but it is the absolute thing we need. 

Something that truly helped me once when I was in a difficult spot was, I was led to give.  In my figuring out what I could give, I ended up forgetting about my troubles and concentrating on someone else's and blessings poured in.  

My sweet special person.  I hope this helps...

Tish Henderson,
President of Thinking and Creating

easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 5:05 PM

I had a few times like that after my sons dad and I split up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)