Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I actually like being a single mom.. Just a thought

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:03 PM
  • 33 Replies
8 moms liked this

I've been a married mom and a single mom (current situation). And I must admit that I like it! Its just me and my 8 yr old. We do everything together. His father gets him every other weekend (Fri-Sun) and that gives me a chance to get my mani, pedi and hair done. Go out with friends and have some drinks, go out on dates with my current BF and do things I did before being marrried. Im young enough (28) to enjoy my weekends single and old (mature) enough to enjoy my quiet days as mom. Being married was not my cup of tea but maybe in the future with a better spouse. Im just not rushing that AT ALL! Lol 

by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:06 PM
3 moms liked this

FY I called him my current BF but I still consider myself as a single mom because they have not been introduced yet. Too soon!

sid1083
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:12 PM
3 moms liked this

I've not known anything but being a single mom (with no visitation as of yet) so I can't compare . . . but most days I enjoy it also. 

mommy2zbg
by Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I like being a single mom too, even though I was never married. I still enjoy the fact that I don't have to answer to anyone. Also, I think we are better co-parents the way we are right now. I would just be happy if he would quit trying to get me to come back because it is NOT happening

steviechick
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome way to look at single motherhood!  I give your post two big thumbs up!

I was married to the wrong man.  The only regret I had was staying with him as long as I did.  I'm technially a single mom but I'm dating someone as well.  I actually prefer to date then be alone.  I don't have many friends so my social life is almost non-existant.  So far so good with the bf.  I hope we can continue.

Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Same with me, definitely better co-parents now :)

Quoting mommy2zbg:

I like being a single mom too, even though I was never married. I still enjoy the fact that I don't have to answer to anyone. Also, I think we are better co-parents the way we are right now. I would just be happy if he would quit trying to get me to come back because it is NOT happening

thismomrocks711
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Im new to this situation. My husband and were married for 4 going on 5 years and he left me on the 1st. We have a 4 yr old. So if anyone has any advice from child support custudy anything. I need it all from woman who is or has gone through this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:50 PM

My ex and I have a verbal agreement with child support and custody. Nothing court- ordered. Thankfully we haven't had any problems that I needed to send him to court. What I do know is that you should get a lawyer! 

Quoting thismomrocks711:

Im new to this situation. My husband and were married for 4 going on 5 years and he left me on the 1st. We have a 4 yr old. So if anyone has any advice from child support custudy anything. I need it all from woman who is or has gone through this.

thismomrocks711
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Him and i have done this civil so far. And i know a lawyer cost a ton. Even have spoke about child support but he hasnt even made a payment to me. I have just been debating on bring it to court. He says he wants to be there for our daughter but he hasnt put that effort
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this
That's a great way to look at it. Being a single mom has it's good and bad like everything else in life.
bluedeaj
by on Nov. 19, 2013 at 7:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I feel the same way!  It's nice to read another post like this :)  Our custody doesn't have the every other week thing, since we live 2,000 miles apart, but for now that's okay.  It's still a new situation over here.

We're basically the same age and I know exactly what you mean about enjoying being single and enjoying the quiet days of mommyhood (ok ok, not too many of them are 'quiet' lol, but a LOT calmer than married life was, for me at least).

Plus, I didn't really have that help that so many people magically think happens when you're married.  And most of my mom friends, same thing.  So I think it's just those that haven't been married that don't really know what to expect yet?  *shrug*  Maybe me and all my friends husbands just kind of suck at the husband thing though haha.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN