Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

worried about 8 year old md....

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 1:05 AM
  • 8 Replies
i,m so worried about my 8 year old md..she has always been smart and did grate in school but for last few weeks she has been getting D,s ,F,s on some of her papers .her twins brother ,big sis have luring disablitys and so do i and my dad..i was hoping she would not get it ..she go tested long time ago (5 years old) she was found to be bright and no DISABLITYS. now i,m thanking she needs help or she could have something ..i,m just so worried..
please no bashing or rude commencements ..i just need to vent . i have talk to her teacher..and i will talk to her pagan soon..
i just feel its my fault..i gave them that problem..:(..
ps nothing has changed in her life .no one has messed wth her..
by on Nov. 22, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
tyfry7496
by Janet on Nov. 22, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
It could be that there's something going on at school. Issues with being picked on, the work is getting more difficult and she's having trouble keeping up.
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Nov. 23, 2013 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this

is anything happening at school? bullying wise?? is she not being challenged enough? and finds the work to boring to do?

KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Quoting alexis_06:

is anything happening at school? bullying wise?? is she not being challenged enough? and finds the work to boring to do?

some times boring other times not ..idk she wont tell me a lot .
Matthea
by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Perhaps the pressures of conquering medical school so early has affected her - stress can be quite hard on little ones, especially if they feel pressured to achieve. Clearly you're telling the truth that she's smart; few so young can claim the same level of academic success... but maybe it's time to think about giving her a year off her studies, to relax - perhaps travel - and grow as a person. All the best, - Matthea
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Do you think your other kids can find out what is going on with her? Maybe she is embarassed to talk about it. She may be going through something or has some sort of stress. Who knows. But I hope she is ok and you get to the bottom of it.

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:52 AM

her daughter is 8 years old. not a med student.

Quoting Matthea:

Perhaps the pressures of conquering medical school so early has affected her - stress can be quite hard on little ones, especially if they feel pressured to achieve. Clearly you're telling the truth that she's smart; few so young can claim the same level of academic success... but maybe it's time to think about giving her a year off her studies, to relax - perhaps travel - and grow as a person. All the best, - Matthea

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 11:02 AM
It sounds like there's something going on in her life. She may be getting picked on in school and that's why her grades dropped like that.
Matthea
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 2:16 AM
Sheesh Meesh, I was making a joke :)

Quoting MeeshMom:

her daughter is 8 years old. not a med student.

Quoting Matthea:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)