Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Pull ups allergy

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:25 PM
  • 6 Replies

So I found out yesterday my daughters are allergic to their pull ups. We buy the name brand, I'm guessing it's pampers maybe? Im not sure theyre the ones that just say pull ups super big on them, do the potty dance, have the litter mermaid, monsters inc and minnie mouse on them currently lol. BUT anyway, so should i switch them to off brand? I had never heard of a child being allergic to name brand before

by on Nov. 23, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bluedeaj
by Deidre on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:14 PM

honestly, I would look into other forms of potty training that aren't pull ups.  They are just a glorified diaper which tends to make it harder for a lot of kids to get the hang of using an actual toilet instead.  Have you considered cloth diapering?  A lot of people will make a form of cloth 'pull up'.  It can be a great tool that keeps clothing dry but helps the child feel the wetness wen they do go as the reminder to go to the bathroom.

bluedeaj
by Deidre on Nov. 23, 2013 at 10:21 PM
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Pull-Ups are made by Huggies.  

My kids were allergic to Luvs diapers and some of the off-brands bothered them as well.  When it came to potty training, I found it best to use cloth pants instead of pull-ups or the like since it helped them to know when they were wet and they understood the need to use the toilet before they ended up that way faster.

Lita5202
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 4:06 PM

My daughter had a reaction to certain brands of  pullups when she was younger. We went thru a few brands till we found the one she didnt have a reaction too. She's 9 now so i dont remember what they were at the time.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Ds was allergic to huggies and Walmart brand diapers.
Switch to a different company that makes them
easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I know some kids are allergic to some brands and are fine with others.  If you want to continue using pullups I would switch to a different brand.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN