Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How are you mamas affording christmas this year?

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:32 AM
  • 35 Replies
I was just curious..I'm a single mom to 2 sets of twins(boys age 4 & boy/girl age 2 in dec.) & I've been buying one item per paycheck for awhile now.my kids aren't getting a lot,but its not all about that..i was just wondering how you all were doing it..
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsary
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:33 AM
2 moms liked this
Thats what I did. Finished in sep.
twin_mama_x_2
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Wow! Good for you:)i have one more thing to buy & then I'm also done!

Quoting mrsary:

Thats what I did. Finished in sep.

KRIZZ25
i wish my heart would just stop.
28 minutes ago
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 1:40 AM
i been cleaning houses and cutting back on what i spend .and look for deals ..
Saurusmom8
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 2:12 AM
I picked up a few extra shifts and calculated what amt that brings in and will buy according to that.

I am doing a lot of baking this year and making stuff. Not going to break a sweat over it.
heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 4:33 AM

I started setting aside $15-$20 a month after last Christmas to use this Christmas.  I also will turn to Bill Me Later and Walmart's site to store free shipping.  DS doesn't get much but I do try to make it special. :) 

ChewyBrownies
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 4:35 AM
I've saved up.
lunyuny
by on Nov. 25, 2013 at 4:45 AM
Savings
happymommy82
by Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 8:13 AM
I don't have income and as a full time student and the way schedules are can't work except on the weekends which isn't worth it. I pick up little things when I can, but hsve had to sign up for adopt a family this year. Last year through my school I did a toys for tots. Ince school is over I will be making sure to set aside savings, but for now this is kinda what I have to do.

Not my ideal way to do it, but my girls are still relatively young.
easinpc
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I do it very similar to you.  I purchase things throughout the year starting in about July when I have extra money from my paychecks.  Some of his items, like the video games, are used so that helps as well.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I know my ex will continue to be a deadbeat, so I've made early plans this year to start saving some money on the side. I've saved up a few dollars so my daughter can have a decent Christmas.  I know it's about Jesus' birth, but my daughter should have a decent Christmas and gifts to open.  It's our second year without the ex.  I want her day to be happy and not have to worry about what money I don't have to spend.  She's already gone through a lot the past two years.  I want her to be happy on Christmas morning.  I can do without.  Besides having a good Christmas for my daughter we are going to bake some cookies, decorate them and then eat them as we watch NetFlix all afternoon on Christmas day.  She wants a very simple roasted chicken for dinner this year.  Simple but yet fun day for the two of us. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)