Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How long does it take you to get ready?

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:02 AM
  • 9 Replies

How long does it take you to get ready in the mornings before work? Do you wear makeup? Do your hair?

I wake up at 6:50am and Im out the door by 7:20 with DD during the week, I don't wear makeup to work and I shower at night.

SO thinks its funny because during the weekend it takes me roughly 1.5 hours to get ready (shower, make up, hair ect.. ) and We are always late to everything.

by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MomsWorkin
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:17 AM

It doesn't take me long at all because I work from home. I usually just throw something on and pull my hair back to take my daughter downstairs to the bus stop. Now it takes her forever to get ready in the morning I'm constantly reminding her of all she needs to do before she is out of the door. I usually take a shower after she goes to school or I might just chill in my pjs! If I have to go somewhere it takes me usually about an hour to get dressed, do my hair and add makeup.

MysticLove
by Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:43 AM

It takes me about 30 minutes to get ready (but thats with lots of stops to remind my 3 kids to continue getting ready) if I don't do make-up and no do anything to my hair other than brush it with a quick rince in the shower (I also shower at night). On days when I wqant to look extra nice it takes me just over an hour.

Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Same here. My work is casual so I put no effort in getting ready plus on mornings I have my kids I have NO time to spare. I get dressed, wash my face, comb my hair and pin it back, brush my teeth, get dressed, eat really quick make my lunch and I am out the door within 30 minutes.

NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:46 AM
With a shower about 45 min..I don't wear makeup..but I let my hair air dry most of the way before I use the dryer.
I work at home..so I don't have to really get ready..
I usually shower on a break..
sid1083
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 11:46 AM

If it were just me, I could be out the door in under 30 (iincluding showering). But with the dogs & kids, minimum 45 min on a good day.

alexis_06
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 4:23 AM

the other morning i woke up at 9:17..had a shower, brushed my teeth, got dressed and was out the door by 9:32..

on a normal day i would say it takes me about 25 minutes to get ready...but 15 minutes of that is in the shower..i loooove showers! lol  all i ever do to my hair is throw it in a ponytail..and the only make up i wear is a lil "bb cream" on my face, and lipgloss..takes no time at all :)

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:35 PM

About 30 minutes

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:58 PM

An hour with a shower.

Pooge
by Member on Dec. 1, 2013 at 12:46 AM
15 minutes...shower at night..get clean clothes on n brush teeth..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)