Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I just might have to accept....

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 6:14 PM
  • 32 Replies
I might be single for a while longer, or maybe for the rest of my life. Im comfortable being single, Its not really that horrible. This dating thing can get frustrating. I met a guy on a dating site... He been texting me for almost a month. At first he was just texting good morning ... And occasionally goodnite. Im thinking ok maybe he the one? For some odd reason? I assume he might be night in shining armour? Then he called, ok, conversation went ok, he sounded like a descent man.Next day... He switched on me, he text me 3 hrs straight telling me how badly he needed me( sexually) He havent had any in 6 months. If i just do him this " favor" so he can relieve himself. What??? Please, we havent even met in person yet, what happened to courting me? Dinner, walk in the park , talking till the sun come up. He said if we meet? He " desperately needs to have sex with me" . I told him he " scaring me! What if i meet him ? He forcibly take me somewhere? And sexually assault me!. I also told him i felt disrespected, he promise to never talk like that again, at least not out of context. He still texting, acting like a gentlemen now. He said he just was letting me know how he felt. He went about it the wrong way.
This might be a stupid question? Will you still eventually meet this guy one day?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 6:22 PM
3 moms liked this
No. When someone shows you who they are...believe them. He's let you know exactly what he wants. You've already admitted being put off by his aggressive behavior so why even go there with him? Don't put yourself in a situation that YOU KNOW will make you uncomfortable. And like you said what's stopping this guy from raping you because he needs it that bad? Just don't do it.

How long have you been single?
Cenedra64
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I totally agree with the lady above. Im old fashioned and dont like being disrespected. youll find someone at the right time in your life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 6:42 PM
I had a fling ( sex that's it) this summer with my children father. Before that .. 2009 same person.

Quoting moosesmom:

No. When someone shows you who they are...believe them. He's let you know exactly what he wants. You've already admitted being put off by his aggressive behavior so why even go there with him? Don't put yourself in a situation that YOU KNOW will make you uncomfortable. And like you said what's stopping this guy from raping you because he needs it that bad? Just don't do it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Do you want to go out with this guy? Honestly.

Quoting hopealways4019:

I had a fling ( sex that's it) this summer with my children father. Before that .. 2009 same person.

Quoting moosesmom:

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Would I meet him? Absolutely not! I would have already blocked his number! You havent even met in person and his is how he behaves. Just, no. It is about being treated like a human being and not a cum dumpster.
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:04 PM
At first i was feeling him atlittle.. Because most of the guys i have met online, we only communicated briefly. But he different, he seem.. Like or seemed like he really interested in me. He talked howhe looking for a descent woman to marry. His profile name " honest man" maybe he a little too honest. When we talked on the phone, he talked about going to church regularly, talked about how other men dont take care care of their children etc. He just moved to my city from the south. The woman he last slept with was his ex wife. He also talked about his son in college. He just sounded convincing, descent. Then he had to start talking aggressively about sex. That's when i started rethinking liking him. A big turn off.Now he still texting, but not about sex. He really physically aint my type.

Quoting moosesmom:

Quoting hopealways4019:

Quoting moosesmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
It's crazy because he could be a nice guy but at this point I feel like he's ruined it. It appears that he was telling you what he thought a single mother would want to hear, so he could squeeze on in there. Ultimately, it's your decision. Do whatever you're comfortable doing but be VERY VERY careful.

And don't feel like you have to go out with him because you're tired of being alone. I'm not saying that is how you feel but I've went out with a few men that I didn't care for because I was tired of sitting at home alone on a Saturday night. Don't make that mistake.

Quoting hopealways4019:

At first i was feeling him atlittle.. Because most of the guys i have met online, we only communicated briefly. But he different, he seem.. Like or seemed like he really interested in me. He talked howhe looking for a descent woman to marry. His profile name " honest man" maybe he a little too honest. When we talked on the phone, he talked about going to church regularly, talked about how other men dont take care care of their children etc. He just moved to my city from the south. The woman he last slept with was his ex wife. He also talked about his son in college. He just sounded convincing, descent. Then he had to start talking aggressively about sex. That's when i started rethinking liking him. A big turn off.Now he still texting, but not about sex. He really physically aint my type.

Quoting moosesmom:

Quoting hopealways4019:

Quoting moosesmom:

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Your right several points, he might just been talking marriage, because he thinks that's what i wanna hear. Yes he did ruined , talking about sex. And he might be a nice guy??? But i aint rushing to meet him no time soon, and if i do? Gonna be very very careful. Thank you for your input.

Quoting moosesmom:

It's crazy because he could be a nice guy but at this point I feel like he's ruined it. It appears that he was telling you what he thought a single mother would want to hear, so he could squeeze on in there. Ultimately, it's your decision. Do whatever you're comfortable doing but be VERY VERY careful.

And don't feel like you have to go out with him because you're tired of being alone. I'm not saying that is how you feel but I've went out with a few men that I didn't care for because I was tired of sitting at home alone on a Saturday night. Don't make that mistake.

Quoting hopealways4019:

Quoting moosesmom:

Quoting hopealways4019:

Quoting moosesmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalalucylala
by Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
this guy is a loser..he was fu** up your life. be careful.
bluedeaj
by Deidre on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

no, I would not see someone if I *felt* that way from what they said.  Doesn't even really matter what was said, my FEELINGS are what matter.  And feeling that way, is a big no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)