Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single from the beginning:Most lonely after babe

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:20 PM
  • 14 Replies
I am in a very unique situation. The baby's father physically assaulted me at about 4 months pregnant. I also found out he had been cheating and lying. I ended up getting a protection order on him and have not heard from him since. This is a good thing so far.
I gave birth to my healthy, beautiful boy this Nov 3. The first week was a whirlwind. I couldn't keep up with texts, phone calls and Facebook posts. And then it got quiet again.
I felt loneliness after I went through the ordeal with him, but put my energy into healing the first month. I then focused all my energy on my pregnancy, getting ready for baby, and birth.
After the first week after birth, I started to feel extreme loneliness. I compare it to extreme homesickness as a child. My parents and sister live in town, and I've cried and talked to them. They have been very helpful and great to me, but it's the quiet nights when it really hits me. I love my baby and feel good otherwise. I'm just extremely overwhelmed.
I don't have any desire to be in a relationship, but I really need some comfort. I'll be going back to work soon, hopefully that helps some.
I'm looking for comfort, advice, or just an ear.
Thank you
by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lambc10674
by New Member on Nov. 29, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Im so sorry. Ive been single since pregnant too. It gets better. It just takes time. I know it doesnt help you right now, but you'll get through it. It's great you have a support system nearby.
lauraash06
by Ashley on Nov. 29, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I promise.....after the first couple of months, it does get easier. I went through single pregnancy, and had the same problem after my son. He's 18 months now, and while I do experience the loneliness, it's not even remotely as bad. Hang in there momma.
alexis_06
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 4:29 AM
1 mom liked this

it does get better..you just need to try and focus on taking care of you and your baby!! hang in there! and accept help when it gets offered to ya!

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Congrats on your new son!  

Do you have a friend or family member who can come and stay with you while you adjust to being a new mommy? 

KRIZZ25
I DONT EXPECT PERFECTION FROM ANY ONE..BUT I DO EXPECT RESPECT .
Today at 1:42 AM
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 5:33 PM
u just had a baby ...give yourself a brake..u dont need a man to complete u ..ur hormones are all over the place to ..just relax and injoy ur bbay and this time wth him
Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs! I've been there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pedritosmama
by Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Whenever you go back for your next doctor appointment, ask them about post-partum depression.  I am by no means diagnosing you, or saying you have that, but it is worth checking into.  Hope you feel better!  :)

StrongMomma2
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. Yes my mom and sister have stayed and that helps. I can tell it will just take time. :)

Quoting amonkeymom:

Congrats on your new son!  

Do you have a friend or family member who can come and stay with you while you adjust to being a new mommy? 

StrongMomma2
by on Dec. 1, 2013 at 11:42 AM
I definitely know I don't need a man. It's more of a general loneliness. I am feeling better with each day. Thank you for the encouragement :)

Quoting KRIZZ25:

u just had a baby ...give yourself a brake..u dont need a man to complete u ..ur hormones are all over the place to ..just relax and injoy ur bbay and this time wth him

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM

congratulations

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)