Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Hmmm....

Posted by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM
  • 3 Replies

So, I dated this guy at the end of high school, and into my first year of college, just shy of 2yrs.  We were madly in love as most people that age are :)  I truly thought he was going to be the one I marry.  But, there were a ton of insecurities I had with everything and we ended up breaking up.

The summer following our breakup I got pretty crazy.  I made plans with a friend to have sex (my first time) and, we did.  After that I had a string of guys that I made out with and/or gave oral sex too.  I didn't have sex again until that December, when I met Will.  Nine months after that, Will and I married.  It was a bit of a whirlwind.

Now it's 7yrs after getting married and I'm now divorced (newly divorced, it became final about two weeks after our 7yr wedding anniversary).

This past Tuesday I went on a date with the high school boyfriend.  I moved back home (ish, a town about 1hr away) in October and he's in town visiting his family for Thanksgiving holiday.  We decided to go ahead and meet up, since we hadn't seen each other since the day we broke up.  It was nice.  We went to a movie, spent a couple hours chatting, he met my daughter (she's 5yrs) and they hit it off great.  All and all Tuesday was a really good day.  I can certainly see what I saw in him back then, etc.

Today (friday) we decided to hang out again.  I was going to be visiting my family that is in the same town as his family and so we spent the day together around town shopping and just enjoying each others company.  He asked me if I wanted to go ahead and see his family, that his mom wanted to say hi.  So I said sure and we went to his house.

And oh my GOSH.  I miss his family so much :(  I forgot how much.  I had a hard time after our breakup not only because I lost him, but I lost his family too.  And they're amazing people.  I really do love them all.  So seeing them today was both nice and sucky at the same time.  I'm now home and totally missing them.

It's true when people say you 'marry' the family too.  Whether your spouse actually talks to their family or not, you marry that.  And it's very true a family 'could' make or break a relationship.  His family definitely fosters a relationship.  I could spend hours with him and his family, no joke.

I'm no where near ready to be in a committed relationship right now but ugh!  Stupid teenage hormones are all over the place again it feels like.  I can't stop thinking about what it'd be like to kiss him, or heck, even HUG him as we didn't hug at all.  I need to get my act together and know what *I* want out of life before going back down the road to relationship city.

He's going back to Michigan (where he currently lives, for work) on Sunday so that helps out a lil' bit with the emotional roller coaster that I just boarded.   I live in NC.  Quite a ways from each other :)  Gives that distance.  Plus, I really have no idea if he has started to feel the same way or not.  I do know that he hasn't dated anyone since we broke up over 8yrs ago.  Which is interesting I guess lol.

by on Nov. 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
alexis_06
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 4:04 AM

guess this is somethig only time will tell...do you have any ideas of how he feels about you??

bluedeaj
by on Nov. 30, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Nope, no idea.  A major problem we ran into when we were dating was him not talking about things.  When we had broken up forever ago I made a vow to never be with someone again that couldn't tell me how they were feeling, their thoughts, etc etc.  I need to have someone that can talk to me about those things.  I talked on another forum about this all last night and it is possible he has changed some.  I know I've changed a ton since we dated over 8yrs ago.  This would have to be one of those things that had changed before I'd consider having a relationship with him.  And thankfully, I'm not in a rush :)  He's heading back to michigan tomorrow and I'll still be here in north carolina.  And I'll be starting work soon, and going to school again come january etc etc.

He must have SOME kind of feelings still towards me.  He hasn't seriously dated anyone since we broke up over 8yrs ago, and he invited me over to go visit with his family yesterday.  Which I thoroughly enjoyed :)  I'm sure if Tuesday had sucked and he had thought "what did I ever see in her" or "man, glad I'm finally over her" he wouldn't have asked if I wanted to go out again yesterday, and spent the day with me and my kiddo, and then invited us over to his family's house.  i assume a lot of things but I think that's a pretty safe assumption LOL.

Quoting alexis_06:

guess this is somethig only time will tell...do you have any ideas of how he feels about you??

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2013 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know where your relationship is headed, but to good places I hope.  :)  Just take it slow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN