Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

2 kids and don't know where to start

Posted by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:37 AM
  • 11 Replies
hi my name is jodie have 2 beautiful children and I was wonderinghow did you get your life startedmmeaning how did you move forward? im ready to branch off and get me and my kids our own place but im just curious to what would work I know daycare is my best option for my children but I know it's going to be super expensive and hard to afford.
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 5:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 2, 2013 at 7:17 PM

What is your work, financial, living, family situations like now?

lalalucylala
by Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM
still working on it ..it will take time ..email me if you like.
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Dec. 2, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Do you work? Have you applied for public assistance (it may cover daycare)?
jodie-bowen
by on Dec. 2, 2013 at 11:52 PM
I just recently had my last child and wasnt able to work due to preeclampsia (bed rest) with him im currently living with my mother until I figure out how to move forward and public assistance? could you possibly explain it a little bit better
zebralove
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2013 at 7:25 PM

If you are in california, apply for public assistance, if you qualify ask for a child care referral so you can go to work. Many daycares gladly take the referrals because it is a sure incoming income for them. meaning they will get paid. many daycares have also lowered their prices due to the state and fed budgets going south and not being able to keep full. there are also many child development and head start agencies throughout the nation that will help you will free child care if you qualify. just look them up, i am sure many daycares will refer you to them especially if they want your business. I work for a non profit organization in california with head start and child development, it never hurts to try.

there are also many programs that will help with a down payment for a deposit and rental assistance for a few months until you get on your feet, again, if you recieve aid; your worker will be able to help you with that.

Chelsea_rh
by Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 3:10 AM
That was a ton of info that i could even use! Do you know what the rental assistance program is called?

Quoting zebralove:

If you are in california, apply for public assistance, if you qualify ask for a child care referral so you can go to work. Many daycares gladly take the referrals because it is a sure incoming income for them. meaning they will get paid. many daycares have also lowered their prices due to the state and fed budgets going south and not being able to keep full. there are also many child development and head start agencies throughout the nation that will help you will free child care if you qualify. just look them up, i am sure many daycares will refer you to them especially if they want your business. I work for a non profit organization in california with head start and child development, it never hurts to try.

there are also many programs that will help with a down payment for a deposit and rental assistance for a few months until you get on your feet, again, if you recieve aid; your worker will be able to help you with that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zebralove
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 4:42 AM
Quoting Chelsea_rh: That was a ton of info that i could even use! Do you know what the rental assistance program is called?

Quoting zebralove:

It just really depends where you're located. Many public assistance agencies or Salvation Army can let you know or actually house the grant and help you there. Where I'm located it's called rapid rehousing.
zebralove
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 4:45 AM
Quoting jodie-bowen: I just recently had my last child and wasnt able to work due to preeclampsia (bed rest) with him im currently living with my mother until I figure out how to move forward and public assistance? could you possibly explain it a little bit better

Public assistance = welfare with cash aid. If you recurve money aid you will be eligible for free child care to work. You need to be part of a program, they even help with going to school.
Chelsea_rh
by Member on Dec. 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Quoting zebralove:
Quoting Chelsea_rh: That was a ton of info that i could even use! Do you know what the rental assistance program is called?

Quoting zebralove:

It just really depends where you're located. Many public assistance agencies or Salvation Army can let you know or actually house the grant and help you there. Where I'm located it's called rapid rehousing.

Thank you. I ll have to look into this. I love my mom but Im so ready for me and my daughter to have our own place. 

aquarius85
by Member on Dec. 7, 2013 at 1:51 PM
I gave two kids myself 8 and 6 and wondered the samething. Best thing is to apply for cash assistance so you can get reduced daycare after you get it it will cost about $20 a week depending on your job, income and state, apply for any type of subsidized housing. Everything will be just fine hang in there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)