Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Going stir crazy and feeling alone

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:40 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hello Ladies, It's been a bit over a month since I've given birth to my beautiful baby boy and I know there's such thing as post par-tum depression but I wanted to know ways of getting past it. Let me first say becoming a single mom was never apart of my life plan and I feel as though I've really given up a lot to be a mom and raise my son. I don't regret my decision to keep my son at all...and I have plenty of support taking care of him. I just wish I had more mental and emotional support from my family and friends. Cause everyday is the same thing,same schedule and I'm stuck in the house all day with my son. I cant really have anywhere to go because nothing is in walking distance plus I cant drive and the weather down here has been hell..so needless to say I'm going stir crazy..I really have tried to reach out to my family and friends(including my babies father) about how I've been feeling and hopefully get some feedback on how to cope or something supporting but sadly I got nothing. My family doesn't seem to care to listen cause they think I'm being dramatic and my friends can't help cause they don't understand what it's like to be a single mom. So now I'm just wondering..What do I do now? I feel completely alone and I'm going crazy cause of doing the same thing over and over and over..please!!! any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated.

by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sid1083
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 4:29 AM
As far as dealing with ppd, meds may help if you're willing to try that route. Are there any groups close to you - meetup, mops, mommy & me, etc.?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jrom
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Capriece13,

You truly have a beautiful baby boy!  (I think he takes after his mother :)  So I think the best thing I can tell you is that you have to take care of yourself.  Of course, your baby boy needs care as well, but if you don't also look after yourself, how will you ever take good care of him?  Check out this article for more about this.  MOPS is mentioned in it, which is a wonderful way to "take care of yourself" and also get out of the house and regain some sanity.  It is of absolute necessity to plug-in with other moms in a relational way.  It is helpful in so many ways!  Let me know if you have questions about it.  Hugs!!

Capriece13
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 6:38 PM
First off let me say it is nice to meet you both.sid1083..I have not considered meds because I wanted to try other ways before I do and I don't think there are any groups close too me..I would have to look around and see. Jrom..thank you for the compliment..everyone says my son favors me a lot :) (Im the dominate gene!!) I will definitely read the article and pray to God that it helps.Thank you both for the advice!! Hugs!!
mommersx4
by Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Hi there! Mops is wonderful. Call a church near you and see if they have it going on there. I'm sure another mom could pick you and your little guy up. Remember this word HALT. It stands for do not let yourself get too Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired. If you don't take good care of yourself, you will burn out and it will be harder. Good luck!!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 8:19 PM

It sounds like you need some time around other adults and to socialize. Why not bring your son with you and go hang out with your friends? getting out of the house and around other people may help.

Capriece13
by on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Yes socializing with my friends would be nice except my friends don't live in the same state as me. I've only been living in Alabama for less than a year and haven't made any real friends..so I'm pretty limited to getting out and socializing and just taking a breather.
hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 9:28 PM
This is when you turn to god for help, he never busy, and always listening. If you don't believe in God? Just try finding support elsewhere , or see a therapist. But i listen to music, cook, clean, take walks, internet. Just know that your life ain't going to always be like this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeatherMarieT88
by Member on Dec. 4, 2013 at 11:50 PM
I was in a very similar situation. I felt ten times better after my 1st DDs doctor told me I could put her in day care so I could go to work. I have a nine week old right now and I begged my doctor to let me go back to work before the normal six weeks and she let me after a month. I feel better now but I still wish I could socialize outside of work too.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 5, 2013 at 12:05 AM
I had ppd it took time and some mommy time helped. Just getting out of the house was good too find someone to talk too the first few months were the hardest
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Capriece13
by on Dec. 5, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I think I'm going to try counseling and going for some small walks around my neighborhood when I'm able..if that doesn't help then im going to try taking meds to help and if that doesn't help..then I don't know what else to do
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN