Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating, birth control, and sex

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 2:27 AM
  • 17 Replies
Ok so I have been single for almost a year.... Also sexless. I dumped my last bf in mid January of last year for several reasons. Afterwords I had found out he had cheated on me when we were together. I found out two or three weeks after I dumped him (super bowl sunday to be exact) that I was preggers. I tried to contact him to let him know ALL day and finally went to his house and he was with the girl he was cheating on me with. I told him I needed to talk but I saw his 7 year old son come up behind him so I asked him to come outside for a minute. He said no to just tell him what I needed to tell him. So instead of telling him the news in front of his son I showed him the test and he shut the fucking door in my face. He has only contacted me once since then and he never even asked how the baby was doing or even talked about it he was just trying to get laid because him and the girl he cheated on me with were broken up for a few days. Well I basically told him to go fuck himself I hated his guts and that he was a shitty excuse for a man. So I haven't had sex since early January and I have only been on a couple of dates but nothing really clicked with anyone. I don't want to sleep with someone again until I develop strong feelings towards the person. Plus I am not on bc yet and CANNOT afford another child. But I am so lonely and I have needs. But I also have a two month old that I feel bad leaving with the sitter to go on dates. I just feel like every guy is the same and I am never going to meet the one.
by on Dec. 8, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rfhsure
by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 2:29 AM
5 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

You can have this one!
rfhsure
by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 2:30 AM
1 mom liked this
In all seriousness though, it'll get better. I'm sorry you dealt with that. Just enjoy your little one right now. The best things tend to find you when you're not looking for them :)
brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 3:04 AM
2 moms liked this

I feel the same way...I just pretend Channing Tatum is at my bedside, telling me he's my husband...and...well... =p

otoole
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 5:56 AM

i agree with this. it will get better. give yourself time. trust me i know it is lonely. but give it time, don't rush the process of dating, you just had a baby. enjoy your baby now. they grow so fast and in the time the right man will come along.

Quoting rfhsure: In all seriousness though, it'll get better. I'm sorry you dealt with that. Just enjoy your little one right now. The best things tend to find you when you're not looking for them :)

Momniscient
by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 6:00 AM
Give yourself time.
HeatherMarieT88
by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 11:50 AM
I know I need to give it time that's why I have only been on one date since she was born. I had a neighbor who seemed interested on and off throughout my pregnancy and a month after but he kept on asking me to dinner and bailing. So I haven't talked to him lately. But how do you single gals deal with your needs? Because masturbating just don't cut it for me and I don't want to just hop on the next taxi that comes around if ya know what I mean.
Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Get yourself a booty call lol but get on BC first. And a booty call is only for those that don't get attached easily. It didn't work for me but I know lots of girls that works perfect for them.
HeatherMarieT88
by Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I used to be able to have Fwb but I have changed so much in the past year and a half. I don't think I would be able to keep my emotions out of it. I want to have the connection with someone so I would probably get attached. I need to find an outlet for all this built up energy. A way to distract myself lol

Quoting Frances0923: Get yourself a booty call lol but get on BC first. And a booty call is only for those that don't get attached easily. It didn't work for me but I know lots of girls that works perfect for them.
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I didnt start dating until my son was about 18 months old. I was single all through the entire pregnancy so thats over 2 years of no sex and being single. My son is 6 now and I have had two failed relationships since. It isn't easy for me so I feel your pain. But give yourself a little more time this is early for you with a little baby.

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Get a dildo? It takes time to meet a decent man. I recommend getting on birth control soon because it takes a month for it to work.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)