Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I'm so tired of my son's sperm donor

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 1:16 AM
  • 13 Replies
I'm tired of my son father is owns me over $10,000 in child support. I don't really care about the moeny but I mean if he is not gone be there for my son then he could pay his child support. My son don't even know who he is. He calls my boyfriend daddy and I don't care. His father told me that my son is not his responsibility. That he is only my responsibility. Like what man would say something like that about his own son? You would think that he would want to be there for his son but yet don't. I wish I had of know he was going to end of acting like ths because I would never talked to him. Don't get me wrong I love my son with all my heart. But his father or his sperm donor as I call him I could have did with out. He wont even give me his number so my son can call him to get to know him. He dont try to tell his son happy birthday or anything. The reason why he don't have my number is because he like to give my number out and he even put it online before. But what do you all think?
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawncs
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:32 AM

You have to realize that he is teasing you possibly or has the hope that his son will turn around one day. You can't control what he does. I am glad that your boyfriend has a good relationship with your boyfriend. You have to realize that the money he owes with you in child support will accumunlate with interest. I recommend never forgving him on this amount ever. He is really doing himself a disfavor by not working for pay and paying Social Security taxes because he will have a rough retirement or if he becomes disabled through injury. I came across on another group a mom of two grown girls that got her child support arrears paid in full because Dad won the lottery which made her ex husband mad, and no one had sympathy for him and his current wife.

Dawn
Innovative Cookbook Writer and Internet Resource Research Writer
Check out my books at: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/dawnlucan

Chelsea_rh
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Girl, he is causing you unnecessary stress. Forget him! It sucks that he is acting the way he is. Just be glad that your current bf and your son get along and are building a strong relationship. Your bf will be theone to teach your son the responsibilities of being a man and a father.
cowboygal
by Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Forget him. My kids dad owes over 16,000 and calls his kids once every two months maybe. He promises to come see them and gets them all excited and bails. He will never be there. Sad thing is the kids are 8 and 10 and they are starting to see this side of their dad. Your boyfriend and son get along and that is important. He will have a good role model and someone who cares for him. CS does not go away and that debt will always follow him.
MariOfTheForest
by Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 12:25 PM

He's a dog.  He should pay his child support.  Can you go through CSED to get it garnished from his paycheks? 

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 9, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Your son has a man in his life that he has come to love and know as Daddy. Cherish this and forget the one who has forgotten his responsibility.

Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Stop all communication with him ( the little that you have) and ef it. Too much stress from a man you don't care about. As for the CS, take him to court and see what they can do.

Keela222
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Girl you got that rigth. My son loves my bf and already told me that he will teach him everything he needs to know about being a real man.
Quoting Chelsea_rh: Girl, he is causing you unnecessary stress. Forget him! It sucks that he is acting the way he is. Just be glad that your current bf and your son get along and are building a strong relationship. Your bf will be theone to teach your son the responsibilities of being a man and a father.
Keela222
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:22 PM
I'm not really sure but I think I can. I just feel like he should pay it without me having to do this and that. It's to much to do but I see I'm gone have to do it anyway. I'm call them tomorrow and see what's going on.
Quoting MariOfTheForest:

He's a dog.  He should pay his child support.  Can you go through CSED to get it garnished from his paycheks? 

Keela222
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:42 PM
I already have stopped all communication with him. He don't be talking bout nothing. I'm thinking about taking him to court for it. But I wanna call CS tomorrow to see what's going on before I make my next move.
Quoting Frances0923:

Stop all communication with him ( the little that you have) and ef it. Too much stress from a man you don't care about. As for the CS, take him to court and see what they can do.

MariOfTheForest
by Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:53 PM

By the way, you may not have to go to court if he is listed on the birth cetificate OR if he will admit paternity.  Just go to the child support services office.  Do you know where he works?  That will help them track him down. 

And yes, be appreciative of your new bf for being a good person.  If it ends up that trying to get the sperm donor's child support money causes too much stress and you are surviving okay, there are benefits to walking away.  Sometimes sperm donors who don't want to be fathers will make your life hell for coming after them, so only you can make the decision whether it's worth it. 

The social justice system shoudl really protect mothers better than it does.  In a perfect world they woudln't let those guys get away with what they do, but sometimes they even give partial custody to fathers who don't know their kids even if they are completely open about not wanting them.  So it's a risk sometimes.  Thankfully, you don't seem scared of him. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN