Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Before you became one...

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 1:12 PM
  • 15 Replies

What was your opinion of single moms?

by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sid1083
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think I really had one . . . the few single moms I did know had either moved onto healthier relationships (and I didn't really view them as being a single mom) or were surrounded by a lot of family support.

lunyuny
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:25 PM
I always knew single moms from teen years to now. I knew I wanted a "family" was my mind set. I have a family with my children alone. I dont know why I fought so hard for so many years to be unhappy it seems.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:37 PM

this is the same for what I saw. My aunts and some of my cousins were the Moms who raised their children after divorce or death of their spouse, never remarried but continued on. They were amazing.

Quoting sid1083:

I don't think I really had one . . . the few single moms I did know had either moved onto healthier relationships (and I didn't really view them as being a single mom) or were surrounded by a lot of family support.

bluedeaj
by Deidre on Dec. 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't have an opinion.  I hoped the best for anyone in life.

I did think of single moms as those without the dad in the childs life.  So I guess I had that opinion?  Not really an opinion I don't think, just a thought.  And it's untrue.  I'm a single mom, but dad is as involved in his daughter's life as he can be.

Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM
I was raised by a single mom so I always knew they are strong and amazing
polkaspots
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 5:30 PM
I didn't have an opinion, I was a teenager. When I became pregnant I was more concerned with being so young than being single.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mz23
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Never had an opinion about them lol.
Chelsea_rh
by on Dec. 9, 2013 at 6:53 PM
I thought any woman that could raise her kids alone was amazing. My mother was a single parent and raised 5 kids alone.
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Same here!  My mom is one of the strongest women I know.

Quoting Frances0923: I was raised by a single mom so I always knew they are strong and amazing

Saurusmom8
by on Dec. 10, 2013 at 4:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I was raised by one. Strong, capable and sadly often very misunderstood. I knew this young.

My mentor was a single mom for 14 years. She decided to not marry again. She is a beautiful person. She travels a lot to see her now grandkids and finished her degree. She is one of my heros and encourages me that its not okay to be bitter..but to become better.

She had a guy friend who loved her through just by being a friend. They never dated or became a couple but to me his love was better than any marriage with bad motives could be. I hope she grows old with him I hope to meet someone like him.

I think women in general are strong. They can be. Women have been raising kids alone since the beginning. Its just more common to speak of now. More socially surfaced. Every single mom I knew had a better grasp on themselves and really became strong.

Its not always about being "single" but it is always about being a "mother" :)

My status is "single not seeking" I am okay with that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)