Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Should I invite him to come to visit

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 11:25 PM
  • 5 Replies

Yes my dd father lives 3 hrs away but always has. This story is a little too long to write. So here is a little. He hasn't seen her since her 3rd birthday. The last time I invited him down after we moved he took it upon himself to invite others with out telling me so I told h I'm I was going to reschedule because I was going to visit my grandmother. He told me I couldn't do that and that there was plans already made. I told him I can do just that and my grandmother was more important then aany plans you might have made. I just took that as what the hell...you never see your kid and you have the nerve to tell me I can't change my plans. Anyways...I just blew it off and never invited him again. 

Fast forward I have told him twice I was in his home state...half hour from where he lives. One time took h I'm almost a week to reply to an email . This last time never replied. 

But now with the holidays...I feel new year and she is more aware of him...I feel I need to extend out to him for her. 

Btw I was done with him with pictures and updates but he out of nowhere asks about her. 

She will be five in march. 

What do you all think? 

by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Personally, I wouldn't.  It doesn't seem he's all that concerned about spending time with her.

sid1083
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Who wants him to visit - you or him?

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 16, 2013 at 3:04 PM

You can always extend an invitation but do not let it bother you when he does not accept it.

Nwhite26
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 5:02 PM
I'd do it if he's asking but if he blows her off again than don't bother next time. You really shouldn't have to fight for the dad to care, you have enough on your plate.
libramoon007
by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I do it for her. He does not make the first move of anything. 

Quoting sid1083:

Who wants him to visit - you or him?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)