Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I'm Writing A Book.....

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:10 AM
  • 7 Replies

I know, I know, many have tried and many have failed.  Basically what I'm doing is rewriting an old fan fiction completely from scratch, changing over characters and such.  I know it's been done thanks to whats-her-face and that 50 Shades of Grey bullshit (Twilight fan fic rewritten), but whatever.

It's not smut.  I love smut, don't get me wrong, but this story was mostly a drama of sorts.

Well, drama and sort of romance.  I actually started laughing when I realized this.  I normally wouldn't touch that genre with a ten foot pole.  But it is what it is. 

Basic premise: boy meets girl.  Boy and girl like each other.  Boy and girl part ways.  Boy reunites with girl many years later to find her married and also finds out he has a son.  Relationship resumes in spite the fact she's married.

Now, it's an overdone formula.  I get it.  The key differences will be a series of events that progress through the story.  I won't share those simply because I don't feel like giving the game away too much.

Got bored over weekend in between writing.....drew the man (Quin), the woman (Hailey) and their kid (Alec).

I actually have most of the main cast of characters sketched out, but still in black and white sketch stages.  Not colorized.

This is the first story with original characters I've worked on in about a good 15 yrs.  Given the story's origins, it's proven to be a bit more of a challenge than I anticipated, but it's moving along and inspired gobs of sketches, which I love doing also.  Pulled me out of a major art rut.

Just felt like sharing.  Carry on.

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
dstarr347
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I think that is great! I have been working on my book since 08 and it has been trial and error. My book is fantasy adventure set in alternate universe. I have almagamated folkore traditions into the world of my cutlurally diverse characters to make them come alive for my readers. I always loved myths and folktales when I was growing up. Best wishes with your book and I like your illustrations of the main characters. :)

Karen24
by Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Sounds interesting so far. Good luck!  

Saurusmom8
by Bronze Member on Dec. 16, 2013 at 2:06 PM
I love it!! Keep writing. Keep writing. Keep writing. I raise my pen to you. ;)
diaperstodating
by Angel on Dec. 16, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 16, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I wish you the best

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Interesting. Good luck!
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Very cool good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)