While everyone else is busy gluggling the gluhwein and spiking the eggnog, a few people might want to abstain from all alcohol this holiday season -- and I'm not just talking about kids. You don't need booze to enjoy a fun holiday beverage. We've got plenty of mocktail ideas for anyone at your New Year's celebration, no matter their age. Hope you love bright, refreshing flavors!
1. Black Currant Cider -- You could use grape or cranberry juice instead for this recipe. But I think black current makes it just a little more special for the occasion. Just add sparkling apple cider and a little lemon juice.
2. Rudolph's Nose -- This fun sparkler is made with ginger ale, raspberries, and orange juice.
3. Virgin Hibiscus Cosmopolitan -- Maybe you call this something else if you serve it to your kids? But I love the bright, tangy flavor of hibiscus.
4. Roman Holiday Mocktail -- I love the sophisticated flavors in this cocktail of amaretto and blood orange. It's for the Audrey Hepburns among you.
5. Cranberry Kiss -- Mint and lime bring out the best in cranberry juice for this fun, holiday mocktail.
6. The Meg Ryan -- Bubbly and accessible, just like its namesake! This mocktail combines berries, honey, lemon juice, and soda.
7. Tequila Sunrise Mocktail -- This orange juice-based cocktail is exactly what your New Year's Day brunch needs.
Do you have a favorite mocktail recipe?