Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Who do you consider your family?

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM
  • 7 Replies
I'm starting to feel like my friends are more like family then my relatives. My mother has been ill and living with me for a while. She is refusing visitors which isn't any different then when she was well and living on her own. Her siblings are not welcomed to visit and it's putting a strain on my relationship as well. My aunts and uncles will not come visit me and my kids because they cannot see my mother. * let me just clarify that I have never said they cannot visit my home. I've only ever said that my mother is not taking any visitors. So when I have company her door is shut and she takes a nap or just rests.
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mz23
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Awe. Does she not like her family. Can you go over to your families so it wouldn't be awkward. I consider my family my famiy. Baby, mom, sisters, dad, and even the cat although I find him a nuissance lok I also consider very good friends famiky as well. family is what you make it
teamwilson
by Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 9:45 PM
She says she loves them but they don't respect her decisions in life.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Blood family will be there but you didn't choose them. I consider my best friend more of a sister because we chose each other
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Callaly
by Jessica on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:57 PM

My best friends (male and female) are my family, DD calls then aunty and uncle. I have 3 blood sisters that I haven't seen DD since she was 1 year old because they alienated me.

My mom, friends and SO are her family on my side.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:06 PM

My best friend is definitely a part of my "family". :)

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:30 PM

My ex is part of my family, he is more family then most of my family. There's also my mom, brother, sister,1 aunt,1 uncle, 3 cousins, and my ex's sisters. I am closer to my ex's sisters then I am to my own.

RonaH
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I have great friends! But i have great family too. So guess I'm just lucky.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)