Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

co parent, relationship

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:03 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hello ladies, first of, my children's father lives with me and is a stay at home dad. However, we get into fights constantly, yell and get really mad.
He thinks I'm selfish and spiteful because I spy on him, because he loves to be chit chatty with other women. I can't stand have ask and told him to stop, but won't.

When we fight he brings up how he is here only for the kids not for me. I only get some of the perks. In my head I have it as a relationship.
He has told me it is but isn't one, tells me he loves me, will do things when I ask him to.

I have been starting to talk to a therapist, because I have serious issues, but I want to convince him that he needs it to.
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I think for your sanity you need to find different homes. You aren't together so he can talk to other women and you can talk to other men.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:43 AM

So are you together or not? It kind of sounds like you think you are together, and he doesn't. That would probably be the first thing to clear up.

superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Girl !!! Been there done that lol.... my ex aka my childs father he was like that sort of. Like my ex would go to work ( he's a security officer) and flirt with all kinds of women and meet with and get money and food from them ans he would come back home like nothing ever happened. And I'm sure it went for a while with out me knowing. I was a little clouded because I just had a baby so pretty much my focus was on my newborn and on top of that he was abusive. I just had to go. Your children deserves to see you happy and if you have sons as a mom and a women you shouldn't want them thinking that this is how a many loves or treat a women. And being in an unfaithful relationship isn't healthy especially if your faithful to a dog who see other chicks or speaks to other girls. Girl JUST LEAVE SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE AND HEART ACHE
twinsplusone84
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Thanks, now we have a lease that's good till next august. Planning now to get all kids in daycare in the summer so the girls that a stable place before kindegarten.
twinsplusone84
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:30 PM
We have had plenty of moments where we are all great as a family, but when I ask if he truly doesn't want to be with me or like me, he can't say no. So I guess I leave room for hope.
Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I am confused.. are you two in a relationship or not? If not, then seprate homes is the best choice and discussion of child support and custody arrangements need to be made. Good luck!

twinsplusone84
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:03 PM
I think we have been, but when an arguement arises he says we aren't.

He currently is a stay at home dad. I am the only one that works. Hence, why I'm trying to figure out co parenting.
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I'm in a situation kind of similar to yours. My job is live in so my ex pretty much lives with me in order to help take care of ds. The difference is that we both know we're not together and I know that he is seeing other people. Even though we aren't together is can still be very tricky and we argue occassionally. My recommendation would be to get your girls in daycare now and kick him out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN