Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Do you get a Christmas present for your babies father?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:05 AM
  • 29 Replies

Hi Ladies,

So I have a soon to be three year old and a 7 week old with the same guy but we aren't together, but I usually try and get him a present for fathers day or christmas in behalf of our oldest son. Now that the second baby is here I was thinking of making him a canvas with the both of the kids foot and handprints and a nice little quote or a picture of both the kids; something crafty but then I was thinking to myself should I even bother? Some say to do so others say not to. I mean each time I give hima  gift he gets emotional and seems to appreciate it but I never get anything, people say thats how guys tend to be they just dont think like us girls but still now I am wondering if I should or shouldnt. Any opinions or advice. 

Thank you!! =)

by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mollymae09
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:11 AM
4 moms liked this
If you guys get along and you feel like giving it, go for it. I used to when my ex and I got along.

Now I'd love to get him handcuffs and a swift kick in the nuts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:13 AM

No I don't.

mrsary
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:17 AM
No
super123momma
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't see anything wrong with it. I mean as long as he's a good dad 2 the kids. I was thinking 2 do something along the lines for my son 2 be able 2 get his farther a present for christmas but that's just me I want 2 show my son what christmas is all about and later on he'll relize what I was doing for him so he'll never question the fact if I ever cared about his and his farthers relationship.
zumbanerd
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:20 AM
No, I don't.
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:48 AM

My ExH, we never did gifts before, so we dont do them now.

atigergirl
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't spend any money on the ex, but in the past I have baked his favorite cookies for my son to give him. My son is 3 now and wants to decorate sugar cookies, so that can be his gift to his dad along with a homemade card. I like the idea of doing something crafty with handprints. It is both thoughtful and appropriate.

KRIZZ25
not everyone's child should be treated special ..
Yesterday at 10:56 PM
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:50 AM
i help kids get stuff for dad.
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I dont.  Now, when they get older, if they ask me to help them pick out something, i will.  But they are only 3 and dont really get the concept of getting gifts for others yet.  

TatyBear
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes I do.

Even for my oldest DD dad who has no rights to her. She only sees him cause my DD goes to.his moms house at Christmas. I buy for the him and his parents, his brother and wife and there 3 kids, then his sister and her hubby and there two kids. Then I buy for my dds 3 half siblings.

My two younger girls dad I buy for him and his parents as well and his sister and her hubby and there now 3 kids.

All gifts are from my.kids to them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)