Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Do you get a Christmas present for your babies father?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:05 AM
  • 29 Replies

Hi Ladies,

So I have a soon to be three year old and a 7 week old with the same guy but we aren't together, but I usually try and get him a present for fathers day or christmas in behalf of our oldest son. Now that the second baby is here I was thinking of making him a canvas with the both of the kids foot and handprints and a nice little quote or a picture of both the kids; something crafty but then I was thinking to myself should I even bother? Some say to do so others say not to. I mean each time I give hima  gift he gets emotional and seems to appreciate it but I never get anything, people say thats how guys tend to be they just dont think like us girls but still now I am wondering if I should or shouldnt. Any opinions or advice. 

Thank you!! =)

by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mollymae09
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:11 AM
4 moms liked this
If you guys get along and you feel like giving it, go for it. I used to when my ex and I got along.

Now I'd love to get him handcuffs and a swift kick in the nuts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:13 AM

No I don't.

mrsary
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 12:17 AM
No
super123momma
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't see anything wrong with it. I mean as long as he's a good dad 2 the kids. I was thinking 2 do something along the lines for my son 2 be able 2 get his farther a present for christmas but that's just me I want 2 show my son what christmas is all about and later on he'll relize what I was doing for him so he'll never question the fact if I ever cared about his and his farthers relationship.
zumbanerd
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:20 AM
No, I don't.
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:48 AM

My ExH, we never did gifts before, so we dont do them now.

atigergirl
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't spend any money on the ex, but in the past I have baked his favorite cookies for my son to give him. My son is 3 now and wants to decorate sugar cookies, so that can be his gift to his dad along with a homemade card. I like the idea of doing something crafty with handprints. It is both thoughtful and appropriate.

KRIZZ25
get man out of the white house put god back in and see what happens..
Today at 1:03 PM
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 7:50 AM
i help kids get stuff for dad.
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I dont.  Now, when they get older, if they ask me to help them pick out something, i will.  But they are only 3 and dont really get the concept of getting gifts for others yet.  

TatyBear
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes I do.

Even for my oldest DD dad who has no rights to her. She only sees him cause my DD goes to.his moms house at Christmas. I buy for the him and his parents, his brother and wife and there 3 kids, then his sister and her hubby and there two kids. Then I buy for my dds 3 half siblings.

My two younger girls dad I buy for him and his parents as well and his sister and her hubby and there now 3 kids.

All gifts are from my.kids to them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)