Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Am I the only one?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM
  • 23 Replies

That is completely over whelmed that Christmas is only 7 days away? I have no wrapped 1 thing. I got a head start on shopping and started in October, I thought that I had everything under control, nope I don't, December has snuck up on me and Im freaking out!

by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dstarr347
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:39 AM

I am wrapping the kids things up today while they are at school. I did feel like you because I did not buy all their gifts til 2 weeks ago. I ordered everything online and the last items came on Friday. I am finally able to breathe easy again!lol! :)

Callaly
by Jessica on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I have had all the presents bought for awhile now, I only have 1 thing left to buy, its the wrapping that I am stressing about the meal to cook and the people coming over, my vacation at work only starts the 24th at 5pm. I am going to be very stressed!!  

Quoting dstarr347:

I am wrapping the kids things up today while they are at school. I did feel like you because I did not buy all their gifts til 2 weeks ago. I ordered everything online and the last items came on Friday. I am finally able to breathe easy again!lol! :)

dstarr347
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I can understand that but just dig in and start wrapping! It really goes by pretty quick.lol! I have 5 children ages 20,17,16,12,6 so wrapping gifts for them can be a chore. My oldest was easy because she does not live with me anymore so I ordered her gifts and had them shipped off to her. The other kids gifts are being wrapped up today.Cooking the meal is old hat because I have a big family and my kids are big eaters! I love to cook and my rugrats love to eat! Take a deep breath and you will get it done. :)

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 18, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I'm more overwhelmed at having to scrub my house for the family coming over
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Im doing everything this weekend for xmas. Gift shopping and wrapping. Im a last minute type of girl every year, never fails but it does work for me lol

sid1083
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I typically don't get around to wrapping until midnight on the 24th. I slowly bought throughout the year . . . problem now is finding what I purchased!

Callaly
by Jessica on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Hahaha I am in the same boat for that as well, I normally leave most of it for the 24th as well, BUT this year I am doing my dinner on the 24th so I will already be pretty busy with that :(  

Quoting sid1083:

I typically don't get around to wrapping until midnight on the 24th. I slowly bought throughout the year . . . problem now is finding what I purchased!

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:02 PM

If it makes you feel any better I have not even shopped for anything. The kids are at their dad's from the 20th-31st, so I am going to shop after Christmas.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:09 PM

While I'm not feeling overwhelmed, I'm positive you're not alone!  Hopefully you'll be able to take some time to finish up soon so that you can enjoy the holiday.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM
This:

Quoting amonkeymom:

While I'm not feeling overwhelmed, I'm positive you're not alone!  Hopefully you'll be able to take some time to finish up soon so that you can enjoy the holiday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN