Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

3 years. No #. Is this strange?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:47 PM
  • 7 Replies
A few years ago I went to a friends 30th birthday party. I met this guy and he was nice to talk to. He lives in the area.

Here is the issue. He is friends with me on FB and randomly messages me and has been for 3 years but we are both in our 30's and it seems strange he has asked me out several times but its always short notice so of course my life cannot be the drop and go kind.

It just hit me. Why after 3 years of fb messages and such would he never ask for my # and try to get to know me? He invites me to all these things but he never actually tries to get to know me.

He is always talking about his house and job and that's great.. but he never asks about me.

I find this strange. What do you think?
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
bluedeaj
by Deidre on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:33 PM

well, maybe b/c in the three years you've always said no?  Does he maybe not understand that you can't drop things quickly to go do something on short notice?  Next time you can ask him to give more notice so that you can plan to go out.  OR you can take the initiative and ask him to do something on a date that works for you.  Some people may not want to get to know someone through messaging, and would rather talk about it in person :)

I find it strange he's still asking three years later lol.

Saurusmom8
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:40 PM
I do too (think its strange that he keeps asking but doesn't take the time to actually get to know me).

Usually if someone really wants to get to know you, they find ways to do it beyond fb messages and actually ask for the number.

I work 3 weekends a month (ouch! I know..) and overnights weekly.. I have a very active son and yeah.. I can't drop my life for him.

I don't think he really pays attention to who I am and what my reality is. Hmmmm... strange indeed.

Quoting bluedeaj:

well, maybe b/c in the three years you've always said no?  Does he maybe not understand that you can't drop things quickly to go do something on short notice?  Next time you can ask him to give more notice so that you can plan to go out.  OR you can take the initiative and ask him to do something on a date that works for you.  Some people may not want to get to know someone through messaging, and would rather talk about it in person :)

I find it strange he's still asking three years later lol.

superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:51 PM
4 moms liked this
Pump the BRAKES !!! RED FLAGS !! this guy is really into HIMSELF!!! Anyone whos always talking about themselves or what they have is a small person... "small people talk about themselves, things and other people, BIG PEOPLE speak of ideas and things of importance " that's the saying my grandmother always used to tell me growing up !!! .... I'm sorry but a guy who always talks about themselves is a HUGE TURN OFF ! And if he was really interested in you he would have been asked for your number !! Girl take this real slow ! See where his head is first ! :-D
bluedeaj
by Deidre on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I would probably just let that 'fish' go :)  You two aren't clicking, so to speak, so no harm.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I find it strange. I agree with the previous posters.
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like he is just trying to let laid, honestly.

Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Just ask him what's up? Say like, "dude what gives? It's been 3 years are you married or what?!" Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN