Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

son having some jealousy issues please help

Posted by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 3:47 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

I've been friends with a guy since before ds was born and now we are kinda seeing each other. ds is 19months and is having some jealousy problems. he's fine with us apart but as soon as we try to sit together or anything where we are close ds is not happy. ds will move my friend's arm off of me or ds will hit me. i dont know what to do. i've asked ds if he likes my friend and he said no. so i asked if hes scared my friend will take me from him and he said yes. i told ds that, that will never happen and i love him(ds) very much and i will be his mommy forever. now after i told ds that he is a little better but not much. idk what else to try.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meanlilchick
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish I could help you. My son is 6. My guy n I have been dating 6 months n just now my son is showing either his jealousy or pissed that his dad n I aren't getting back together. The last time the bf his dd and my ds hung out ds was mean to her n he is usually a sensitive to others kind of kid.
Chelsea_rh
by Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter was like that when her father and i were still together. But with the guy I'm dating now, it doesnt bother her at all. Shes almost 2.
colins_mom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Its totally normal. Kids do that with their biological parents who have lived together all their lives. This too will pass. At 19 months he doesn't know what liking him means.
superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL.... awww babies/ children are very territorial !!! and they are very protective over their parents especially in a mother- son relationship... just keep your son involved as much as possible. Make sure the new person who's entering both you an your son lives respects the mother- son relationship as well. Just keep insuring your son that you and this new person loves him and that mommy is not going any where.

woodstock525
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM
2 moms liked this

Have you tried including your son?  Let him sit and be between the two of you.  If your bf is uncomfortable with that or intolerant, then your son's intuition is correct and you need to move on to another relationship.

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
He's too young to understand not liking someone. Ds used to do that with his dad and I.He'd tell his dad not to touch me and would squeeze between us.
quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
He is way too young to understand being scared someone will take you away. Kids act like this a lot with both bio parents. Its a stage and it will pass.
triggersmom27
by Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Yes we do include him. he'll go to bf and sit with him. bf plays with ds and talks to him. Bf is great with ds. ds just doesnt like me and bf together.

Quoting woodstock525:

Have you tried including your son?  Let him sit and be between the two of you.  If your bf is uncomfortable with that or intolerant, then your son's intuition is correct and you need to move on to another relationship.

Bentleysmom0213
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I am scared one day this will happen to me too. I am newly single and do not plan to date for a while. My son is also only 9 months. When we get even more closer i am sure he will act this way too. They are being protective of their mommies. 

LLbaby143
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 5:41 PM
My 19 month old absolutely despises my bf when we are all together. He constantly hits me or him and always swings at him for no reason
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)