Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I feel so alone and lonely without the family support!!

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:08 AM
  • 5 Replies

Ok where do i start.. ok i have 4 kids one that moved out he 22 yrs but always back and forward staying with me. my 17 yrs old son live with his father and comes ever other weekends if he behaves and comes with respect his brother who 13 yrs old stay with his father one week and then with me one week. I have a daughter that just turn 5 yrs old she lives with me and go with her father on Friday after school and then dad bring her Monday morning to school.  He been telling me he was going to do joint custody since 2010 but because him working the 3:30 to 11:30 night he could not take her because does not have no one to take care of her and his job didn't have 7:30 to 3:30 spot. Me and him where on and off @ the time. Into 6 months ago where i said that it. I moved from the place where we use to live together  to my own place off my own to start over and fresh without me and  him being together in any type off way. I moved to a new place but if feel very lonely no family support and family where i can drop by and visit. There so many thing in my life going on right  now that i don't have no one to talk to who could understand me.  the reason i cut everything with my dd father because i didn't like his ways drinking around my dd when he has her on the weekends and there were  time i had to wash her on Fridays while he worked  when it was his time. instead of him spending time with his dd he leave her with his sister while he does extra work on Saturdays. Two weeks ago i got a letter from court saying he want share custody  of my dd first of all my dd father has a drinking problem he drinks while he has my little girl during the summer he was @ the park with my dd and some other ppl and his friends. that on fbf his friend posted a video of him drinking while with my dd was with him he was  drinking he does not know i know about the video. I'm not doing this with him in court the last court we had  the judge said no drinking in front of my dd or ppl around her drinking. I don't drink smoke or do drugs I'm ageist all that. I need to be by close to love ones I want to move next to my sister and brother and Love ones.  But they live in Richmond VA I want my dd to come with me I think she needs to be with her mother.  I don't want my dd around ppl who drinks. Right now I'm feeling so alone and lonely.  He  has familyhugs they don't even call me just to see how I'm doing. Advice please I have court on Jen 29!! He already has two DWI wish I have paper work of it..

by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:19 AM
If you can prove he is drinking then prove it.

I doubt a judge will allow her.to.move out of state since he is consistent in her.life.

Maybe you should ask for the right of first refusal?

Also, we all work overtime to provide. I don't see how working some Saturdays is a bad thing. He is doing the best he can.

Personally, I have worked 16-18hour days to provide for my kids. It's not how I envised motherhood or even really what I want to do. But I need to keep food in their bellies and a roof over their heads.

If he wasn't working overtime to provide for her then he would be a deadbeat. He is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
deltathree
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:51 AM

hugs

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:34 PM

You need to take all the proof you have of his drinking to court. They may order him to complete AA classes and then revisit the issue.

Most states won't allow a parent to move if the other parent is actively involved in the child's life.

Not to sound harsh but there's no reason his family should be calling to check on you and see how you're doing. If you weren't close with them before you can't expect them to care now. And if you were close they may feel like talking to you is betraying your ex.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Take what you can as evidence to court don't be surprised if the judge throws it out unless he was endangering the child
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
guia
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Think u Lady's for the advice that u can give me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)