Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What did your job do for the holiday season?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:18 AM
  • 16 Replies
My job did NOTHING. Not a holiday card, no bonuses, no gift cards no holiday party. No catered food. No even a potluck. I work for a company that can afford it. Which is a shame because I see small businesses all the time giving visa gift cards or at minimum an office party.
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I work for County government and they never do anything for us. Each department does do a get together at a restaurant or someone offers their home for a luncheon but no gift exchanges, bonuses or agency parties take place.

We were approved the 23rd off and all of the 24th (it use to be 1/2 a day of work) but it may be something that will not happen again.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:27 AM
I have two jobs. For my job at the middle school the PTA provided lunch for the school staff before the Winter Break.
For my job at the gym they had a holiday party at a fancy hotel in Washington DC. I didn't go because all of the gym employees in the DMV area (Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia) were invited. (I live in Maryland). I would have preferred something local with only the gym employees who work at my location, or even a potluck at the gym itself.
sid1083
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:31 AM
We didn't do anything. Money has been flying out the door this year due to employee mistakes, management not doing anything about it, and nobody caring.

Looking at it from the employees side, it looks like we're doing ok and are now being stingy now as we've been able to do things in years past.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:59 PM
2 moms liked this
Our office used to go out to dinner for Christmas. Now the boss orders food for us. We get a Christmas bonus every year.
Mom-does-hair
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:04 PM
I worked for a huge corporation that closed my location on Christmas Eve. We got nothing but no job to come back to.
meanlilchick
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM
No bonus here. We did have treat day and potlucks. Open half a day Christmas Eve n off Christmas Day.
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

group hug    hugs

Quoting Mom-does-hair: I worked for a huge corporation that closed my location on Christmas Eve. We got nothing but no job to come back to.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Will you be able to get unemployment?

Quoting Mom-does-hair: I worked for a huge corporation that closed my location on Christmas Eve. We got nothing but no job to come back to.

Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I am blessed..I work two jobs, and both companies were generous and acknowledged the holidays.

At my part time job...we got a gift card....which was unexpected, but very generous and appreciated.

At my 9-5....well that is another story. My company likes to go over the top with all things celebration - we always acknowledge births, graduations, weddings, birthdays, etc. In December we decorate the entire office and we have a special event or treat everyday to look forward to... from catered lunch, hot cocoa day, wine tasting (yes during work), team building for our departments where we had to build gingerbread houses and there were design awards, company gift exchange, ornament exchange, scratcher lotto tickets, love notes to coworkers where we were encouraged to shower praise on our coworkers, etc. ...one day we even made stuffed animals to donate to a local children's charity. We also had a big christmas party and end of year bonuses on AmEx gift cards.

So sorry so many of you didn't get acknowledged - or worse...can't imagine anyone finding out their job is gone on Christmas Eve! I was already feeling blessed and grateful for such wonderful places to work...and now even more so!

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:27 PM

CVS does nothing for it's employees. My other job had a dinner and all the staff and clients (adults with ntellectual disabilities) were invited. My client didn't want to go and since I was working I couldn't go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)