Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think it's funny how...

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:40 PM
  • 18 Replies
I think it's funny how in different areas, people have a different way of raising their kids. For instance I live in GA, but I'm from DC. In ga I feel like I'm not a good mom because I feel like I'm too hard on my dd (she's 4) when it comes to discipline I'm not afraid to raise my voice but I don't spank her. I feel like I lose my patience with her easily and feel bad about it later. However here in DC, it seems like people are yelling at their kids constantly and don't feel bad about it. They tell me I do too much for my dd and she needs to learn what a good ole spanking is. I feel like I can't win. In one area I feel like I do too much for her, in another area I feel like I don't do enough.
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Everyone has their way of discipling and raising their children. As long as what you do will not get a visit from CPS keep doing what you doing.

happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:20 PM
I.live in ga and have never noticed anybody being too easy on their kids.

Most.other.places we go I am constantly told how I need to let my kids be kids and to.lighten up on them.

And I have never met anybody from.ga who hasn't yelled at their kids at least once.
zumbanerd
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I'm from the Northeast and I just do time outs. I yell because I'm half Italian though my raising my voice doesn't necessarily mean that I'm angry (more likely just excited or in a hurry). I do yell less than what I was raised in ;)

cupcake_mom
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Do what works for you and your family.
KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 3:42 PM
ha ur kids ur way will work.
cupcake_mom
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:31 PM
What part of va are you from

Quoting virginiamama71:

Everyone has their way of discipling and raising their children. As long as what you do will not get a visit from CPS keep doing what you doing.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Northern Virginia

Quoting cupcake_mom: What part of va are you from

Quoting virginiamama71:

cupcake_mom
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Word I'm in va beach area

Quoting virginiamama71:

Northern Virginia

Quoting cupcake_mom: What part of va are you from

Quoting virginiamama71:

superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I live in Ga as well but im from Queens, N.Y ....  and i think it really depends on how you have been raised ... lol i grew up getting popped if i did somthing wrong lol but i knew i was LOVED lol and not abused !!!...my lil man is one and i do give  him a slight pop but nothing to hurt him though... he doesnt even cry... lol but he has to learn he cant do certain things like touch the stove, put certain things in his mouth like the dish liquid or play with electrical sockets.....

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Where in Queens? I grew up in Flushing

Quoting superdivamom727:

I live in Ga as well but im from Queens, N.Y ....  and i think it really depends on how you have been raised ... lol i grew up getting popped if i did somthing wrong lol but i knew i was LOVED lol and not abused !!!...my lil man is one and i do give  him a slight pop but nothing to hurt him though... he doesnt even cry... lol but he has to learn he cant do certain things like touch the stove, put certain things in his mouth like the dish liquid or play with electrical sockets.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)