Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

moving on

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:49 AM
  • 11 Replies
Why is it so hard to do it takes me a while to get over guys that i have been with for more than 6 months maybe its because when i am in love im truly in love i think it takes mote than a week to get over someone i just feel so stupid i get so used to talking to someone everyday and being with them then the day after Christmas he wakes up and tells me he doesn't love me anymore now im stuck here with the memories cause there are so freaking many of them
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zumbanerd
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:25 AM

You might just fall in love easily. Or you may like the feeling of falling in love. How many times have you been in love? I can honestly say that I've only been in love once in my life and it was very hard to get over. I settled for less when I got married because I couldn't have the person I loved (very bad decision).

hellokitty94
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:30 AM
I thonk i do fall in love easy and ive been trying to work on that its only been twice with my son's father and my ex i think im more in love with the memories and company than the actually person

Quoting zumbanerd:

You might just fall in love easily. Or you may like the feeling of falling in love. How many times have you been in love? I can honestly say that I've only been in love once in my life and it was very hard to get over. I settled for less when I got married because I couldn't have the person I loved (very bad decision).

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't feel stupid for giving your whole heart.  You're a special person to be able to do that.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 29, 2013 at 2:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Infatuation and love are great feelings it's hard when they happen so quickly you get hurt much faster
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
readyforhim
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 2:52 PM

One day someone you meet will have the same beliefs....its just hard, get to know them more until you both call it a relationship??

superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 4:40 PM
3 moms liked this

Omg!!! i used to be just like you !!!!.... i used to wear my heart on my sleeve .... BUT after dealing with JERKS,  and ASSHOLES some how it makes you stronger and wiser... it allowed me to not be sooo gullible and soft and STUPID.... lol eventually my heart grew a thick scab that now only a special man can peel off !!!!... sooo THANK GOD FOR JERKS AND ASSHOLES because they help turn sweet girls into DIVAS !!!! LOL !!!

and the meaning of DIVA does not mean bitch ... but it means a smart women who knows what she wants and how to get it, she knows her WORTH, and doesnt not except anything less than, shes the sweetest person UNTIL you cross her...shes considerd to be like a rose but with thorns !!!

Saurusmom8
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:14 PM
2 moms liked this
I was like that. It is a wonderful gift and I was embarassed because I was madee to feel shamed by my kindness. Now I realize its a gift to be shaped and given to the right person who will value that.

Don't feel bad about it. Just learn from it and move forward.

Once you get burned you have a choice.. turn to ashes or let it refine you. ;)

I just don't view things like I did even a year ago. I think just being single and putting my heart into other aspects of my life has helped me considerably.. and I am still learning.

Only you can decide when its enough. Everyone experiences being lonely and I decided since I didn't like the way II was treated I wasn't going to do it to someone else. Its not about filling my every void.. its about the journey and love is more than what I thought. I would rather wait or never have then use someone to fill a void. Facing being alone and lonliness eventually turns into sweet solitude (within).. liking yourself is key.
hellokitty94
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Thank u so much

Quoting Saurusmom8: I was like that. It is a wonderful gift and I was embarassed because I was madee to feel shamed by my kindness. Now I realize its a gift to be shaped and given to the right person who will value that.

Don't feel bad about it. Just learn from it and move forward.

Once you get burned you have a choice.. turn to ashes or let it refine you. ;)

I just don't view things like I did even a year ago. I think just being single and putting my heart into other aspects of my life has helped me considerably.. and I am still learning.

Only you can decide when its enough. Everyone experiences being lonely and I decided since I didn't like the way II was treated I wasn't going to do it to someone else. Its not about filling my every void.. its about the journey and love is more than what I thought. I would rather wait or never have then use someone to fill a void. Facing being alone and lonliness eventually turns into sweet solitude (within).. liking yourself is key.
Saurusmom8
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Don't let a jerk who uses you and throws you aside just because "feelings" aren't intense bum you out. If you want someone that values commitment get committed to what you need first.

Why have someone that is always trying to put you on a shelf.. if they leave now over a season of lull then how do they stay during the harder times? No thanks. If we want kids to understand what commitment is then we need to know what that is for ourselves.

Do something else.. school, the gym, a community class.. is there a cause you are passionate about? Learn something new..Just some ideas.. You will make it through.. don't be hard on yourself. He was blessed to have someone love him openly.. let him go.
hellokitty94
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank u we are no longer talking i learned that i dont have to settle for anything i grew up with alot of self worth and self image issues but im learning everyday

Quoting Saurusmom8: Don't let a jerk who uses you and throws you aside just because "feelings" aren't intense bum you out. If you want someone that values commitment get committed to what you need first.

Why have someone that is always trying to put you on a shelf.. if they leave now over a season of lull then how do they stay during the harder times? No thanks. If we want kids to understand what commitment is then we need to know what that is for ourselves.

Do something else.. school, the gym, a community class.. is there a cause you are passionate about? Learn something new..Just some ideas.. You will make it through.. don't be hard on yourself. He was blessed to have someone love him openly.. let him go.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN