Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Is it ok for us to change together?

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:54 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hi merry Christmas.

Me my sister and my mum  took my 2 children (Ben 6 and Thomas 8) to our local pool the other day. As you can imagine this time of year it was pretty busy. We spent ages looking for cubicles and then my sister found one of them family cubicles. I wasn't very comfortable with us using this as i usually get the boys ready and then they stand outside while i get ready. My mum and sister both said that was silly and and we should all go in together which we did.  Is it ok for us to change together as a family as it was easier getting the kids ready? What do other mums do?

by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MomToNeeners
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I don't think that's healthy. I get they may not entirely understand what they're seeing, but they also need to know that females and males change seperately since they are old enough to know that.

LaDulceVida
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:22 PM
I don't see what the problem would be unless you had a perverted mind...that's kind of odd to find that weird...at least to me.
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Unless the boys were staring or asking questions, I don't see an issue with it.

TatyBear
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM
No problems with it from me.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 29, 2013 at 2:45 PM
I am iffy on this up to a certain age it's ok but I think the 8 year old is pushing it. Maybe if everyone turned around?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
readyforhim
by Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 2:48 PM

it would be uncomfortable for me, we would do it separately.

zumbanerd
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I don't change in front of my DD anymore and she hasn't turned 6 just yet. I stopped that once she started pointing at me. I'm a modest person so I only could do it for so long. If she was a boy, I would have stopped even earlier.

Why couldn't you have taken turns? I haven't changed in front of my mom or sister since before I developed. I know some people are okay with it, but it's something I just can't do.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Taking turns is a good idea

Quoting zumbanerd:

I don't change in front of my DD anymore and she hasn't turned 6 just yet. I stopped that once she started pointing at me. I'm a modest person so I only could do it for so long. If she was a boy, I would have stopped even earlier.

Why couldn't you have taken turns? I haven't changed in front of my mom or sister since before I developed. I know some people are okay with it, but it's something I just can't do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)