Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Online dating sites..yah or nah?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:00 PM
  • 53 Replies

Has anyone had any luck or even made a decent friend using any online dating sites? And if so then which ones? I am just curious.

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zumbanerd
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I haven't had any luck with them.

readyforhim
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

personally no, but my cousin met her wonderful husband on eharmony about 7 years ago.

Sj218
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:54 PM
I was on Match for 6 months. I met some great guys, dated one guy for a bit. But didn't meet Mr Right...yet. I also met some ridiculously horrible guys. But I still think it was worth it.
larafrost
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Ive tried several dating sites. Met some great guys and some real losers. Ive made some great friends too. Still havent met the love of my life yet.
newfound09
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:11 PM
I've tried several and found a lot of things that I can't deal with lol.
BDSMI
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I have had two long term relationships the first with a religious dating site and the relationship lasted 10 months.  The other long term relationship I found him on Plenty of Fish and we have been dating for two years and going strong :)

designkal3
by Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I tried Ok Cupid after a gf of mine told me good things about it. For the most part, it was horrible. I got a lot of requests and messages from guys that just wanted to hook up. But I did meet one guy that after a few dates, turned into a really good friend :)

Heath77
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:08 AM
I put a profile on pof after Thanksgiving and deleted it today. I met a nice guy last week. We have been talking everyday. He's not my type physically, but he is looking for what I am looking for and he has been very nice. I had a male friend tell me that I shouldn't date him because he is not a professional, , middle aged man. I almost listened to him, but I am really liking him for him as a person and how he treats me. He is my type except physically. I decided to continue to see him tonight. I hadn't met anyone else I really like and got back in touch with an ex I have bumped into every few years over the last 12 years. He has not changed though and is still not very mature. I did meet a man tonight on okcupid. Funny but his daughter and son went to after school daycare with my son last year. At first he was so excited to meet me. Then I said my name and he said my daughter has the same name. No one nowadays has my name. Its a popular eighties name so I instantly knew who his kids were since he said they were twins. I told him and he never messaged me back lol. That was tonight. I dont know why he reacted that way. He was so interested in me prior to that. Oh well......I have a date Wednesday and it took two hours to figure out where the guy and I would meet and what would see lol. He is also not a citizen and I dont want to be a green card marriage, but he's so my type so I will see how that goes. Good luck. My friend met her husband on e harmony years ago and they had a beautiful wedding this summer. She said she always waited for him to screw up, but she said she knew he was the one after being together so many years and him never screwing up. So it's possible. I am deleting my okcupid profile on Wednesday and giving the guy I met a chance.
SarcasticMomma
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Go for it... but don't expect much.

Not to mention I met my bun in the ovens father on POF. And coincidentally enough if he had read what I wrote on my profile we never would've met in the first place. The things that ultimately drove us apart that deemed us incompatible in his eyes is the exact same stuff I had spelled out. But I think he messaged me purely because of the physical attraction... and then once we met it was instant chemistry, but that wasn't enough to keep us together. And now last month at 5 months pregnant he kicked me out, sooooooo yeah lol.

Will I try online dating again? Yeah, but only because 1.) I live in a brand new area and don't know a whole lot of people and 2.) I work for myself from home and will literally NEVER meet anyone in the places that people do who have a workplace to report to. But I've also been doing it a long time and know how to screen people really fast. In the several years I've been doing it my ex is the only serious relationship I've entered into from online dating. Other than that I've met many cool people who turned out to be very good friends since there was no spark when we met.

Miss.MandyLynn
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 1:48 AM
When I was single no... They were all married or creepy or desperate !

I had one guy basically free 15mins of inboxes say he wanted to get me pregnant
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)