Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anybody else exhausted?!

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:26 PM
  • 5 Replies
I became a single parent 2.5 months ago. I have a baby that will be 2 in February. I moved into my parents house, where i have no privacy. My parents don't want to " deal with the hassle of my kid" so i get like zero support from them. I am talking to a new guy who i also work with in the evenings. This month i will start my second job. I have been doingnonstop paperwork since i moved out trying to establish help and court ordered child support. My ex wants to be with me still and be a family so he tries to be helpful, but gets upset constantly because he wants me back so badly. He keeps the baby every Saturday night, but I am tired!!! I need a break!!! I don't get to do anything fun, or have spare time or money right now, cannot try to enjoy my relationships. I am trying to be a good mom, and I have pretty much no support system. It would be easier to just go back to my ex, but I left for religious purposes and now the other guy is involved also. I am just overwhelmed and so tired sitting up falling asleep, and all that happens is people telling me "i put myself in this situation"
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
p608319chef
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 11:39 AM

BUMP!

deltathree
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear ya -it's super hard & tiring - esp. with no support.  If your ex trreated you good, do you think there's a chance to work things out?  counseling maybe?  Just a thought.  Remember, the grass is always greener - like with this other new guy.  Take some time and really think, KWIM.  Hugs.

ZakkarysMom
by Natasha on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:09 PM
I laughed when i saw this. Because I am! I have depression which makes things so much more difficult. I have a 2 yr old that gets into EVERYTHING and a 4 yr old with special needs. By the end of the day I'm just exhausted. Oh and I do work.
p608319chef
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Quoting ZakkarysMom: I laughed when i saw this. Because I am! I have depression which makes things so much more difficult. I have a 2 yr old that gets into EVERYTHING and a 4 yr old with special needs. By the end of the day I'm just exhausted. Oh and I do work.

I think I'm right there with you lol my son is at that very hyper curious age. And since i have moved his sleep scheduleis completely off. The person that is watching him while i work at night has been letting him take long naps at like 5-6 in the evening so he has been staying up until 1-2 am. I will be glad when i start my second job because he will be in daycare and have other babies to play with.
mmpdrs07
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:19 PM

I have been a single mother almost a year now, my sons father has totally checked out and is avoiding getting served for child support.  I have family here but I don't feel right asking them to keep my son so that I can go and do something.  I will every now and then but not often!  My little man is 3 and full of energy and is non stop from the word go in the morning.  Hang in there life will eventually settle down again one way or another.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)