Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Welcome to the Single Moms group! Let's get to know each other, say 'Hi' here!

Posted by   + Show Post

wave  Welcome to the Single Moms group!

This is a great place to find support, advice and friendship from other single moms like you!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. What's on your mind today?
  2. How many children do you have?
  3. Are you pregnant?  If so, when are you due?
  4. How long have you been a single parent?

After you've replied here, say hello to the other moms who've replied!
"Quote" their replies so they know you're talking to them. You can "Like" their replies as well.

bowing down  Amy

PS - Here are some helpful links: 

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Replies (261-270):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Welcome!  What part of Wisconsin are you in?

Quoting Analise813:

Hello,

Thanks for the welcome.  I don't seem to meet many single parents where I live in Wisconsin and it can be a little isolating. I have a beautiful, vibrant 15 month old baby girl.  Dad stopped being involved during my third trimester. She just started daycare and is starting to say Dada and looking at me?  She's a smart girl and sees the other babies' daddies coming to get them.  This is a tough predicament for me.  I just wanted to get some perspective from other single moms out there. 

Also, I am hoping to get general advice and resources from this community.

Mara

kodasmommie25
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Robyn 25 with a ah~mazing five year old little man. Was with his dad six years and have been a single mom for almost four. 

MotherMaria29
by New Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi ! 

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Hi Robyn!  Welcome to the group.  What's your little guy's name?

Quoting kodasmommie25:

Robyn 25 with a ah~mazing five year old little man. Was with his dad six years and have been a single mom for almost four. 

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:10 PM

wave

Quoting MotherMaria29:

Hi ! 

kdelv77
by New Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:18 PM

My name is Kendra, and I have been a single mom for about 10 months now. I live in Orange County, CA woth my two boys, Spencer (8) and Zachary (4).

KatieForeman7
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 4:48 AM
Hello everyone. My name is Katie and I am 16 going to be 17 in August. I have one daughter named Evany who is 17 months old. I got pregnant when I was 14 and had her when I was 15. My daughter's father stayed with me through the entire pregnancy but after the first 2 months of Evany's life, he broke up with me on Thanksgiving of 2012. Later I found out he had been cheating on me the whole time! :( We dated on and off for a while with a ton of emotional abuse. He never helped out with Evany and he was in and out of Juvy. He was into a lot of drugs as well. He doesn't come to see Evany anymore and has a job getting paid under the table to avoid paying child support. I haven't heard from him in over a month. When I try to tell him about how his daughter is doing, he doesn't even respond. I have a new boyfriend who had been my friend since 2008 but I still consider myself a single mom because I'm still in the beginning of my new relationship, I'm not married, and I get absolutely no help from my baby's dad or from my current boyfriend. Until I find a man who accepts me and my daughter as their own I will consider myself a single mom.
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Welcome Kendra!  How are your boys doing with the separation?

Quoting kdelv77:

My name is Kendra, and I have been a single mom for about 10 months now. I live in Orange County, CA woth my two boys, Spencer (8) and Zachary (4).

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Hi Katie, welcome.  

Quoting KatieForeman7: Hello everyone. My name is Katie and I am 16 going to be 17 in August. I have one daughter named Evany who is 17 months old. I got pregnant when I was 14 and had her when I was 15. My daughter's father stayed with me through the entire pregnancy but after the first 2 months of Evany's life, he broke up with me on Thanksgiving of 2012. Later I found out he had been cheating on me the whole time! :( We dated on and off for a while with a ton of emotional abuse. He never helped out with Evany and he was in and out of Juvy. He was into a lot of drugs as well. He doesn't come to see Evany anymore and has a job getting paid under the table to avoid paying child support. I haven't heard from him in over a month. When I try to tell him about how his daughter is doing, he doesn't even respond. I have a new boyfriend who had been my friend since 2008 but I still consider myself a single mom because I'm still in the beginning of my new relationship, I'm not married, and I get absolutely no help from my baby's dad or from my current boyfriend. Until I find a man who accepts me and my daughter as their own I will consider myself a single mom.

KatieForeman7
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Hello:)

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Hi Katie, welcome.  

Quoting KatieForeman7: Hello everyone. My name is Katie and I am 16 going to be 17 in August. I have one daughter named Evany who is 17 months old. I got pregnant when I was 14 and had her when I was 15. My daughter's father stayed with me through the entire pregnancy but after the first 2 months of Evany's life, he broke up with me on Thanksgiving of 2012. Later I found out he had been cheating on me the whole time! :( We dated on and off for a while with a ton of emotional abuse. He never helped out with Evany and he was in and out of Juvy. He was into a lot of drugs as well. He doesn't come to see Evany anymore and has a job getting paid under the table to avoid paying child support. I haven't heard from him in over a month. When I try to tell him about how his daughter is doing, he doesn't even respond. I have a new boyfriend who had been my friend since 2008 but I still consider myself a single mom because I'm still in the beginning of my new relationship, I'm not married, and I get absolutely no help from my baby's dad or from my current boyfriend. Until I find a man who accepts me and my daughter as their own I will consider myself a single mom.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)