Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Feeling lost.

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 5:14 PM
  • 25 Replies
Would I be considered a woman with a low self esteem if I let a man in my life who demands attn? He dont want me to have male friends, says he would do the same for me. Does not want to be disrespected by my having any type of interaction with another man getting my attn. Meaning friends, hanging out etc.
I know respectfully that I shouldnt. But. To cut people off who ive known for years. I do want a relationship with this man. He is a good man. Sweet. Loving. Funny. Laughs at my lame ass jokes. But. Is this considered a healthy relationship? Could he be hiding something? He and I have already had heated discussions about this situation. I am confused and I need unbiased oopinios. Tried talking to a couple friends. But. They were both men. Gay men. So. I need opinions from some ladies. Never has he disrespected me or hurt me. Nothing ever like that. Just constant accusations. And major jealousy pisses me off. Specially when I know my worth and I know how loyal I am. A little jealousy is fine. Not the messed up crazy kind. Just the silly hey thts my woman over there, aint she fine type. Anyways. Feed back would be great and very helpful. Please. I need help. Idk what to do or how to handle this situation.
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilShamrock
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 5:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Run and run fast!!!

He's got control issues and that unhealthy...
SpurgeonMom
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 5:18 PM
2 moms liked this
He sounds controlling, I couldn't be with someone who told me who I can and cannot be friends with. He has trust issues. How long have you been with him? Having friends of the opposite sex is not disrespectful
FoxySmile
by New Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Havent known him that long. And I have been trying to decide what to do. I am not used to being controlled. so yes that bugs me big time. I want to run. But I want to see if he does it again. Promised myself if he flips out again. I will politely delete him off fb. Send his number to spam and block it as wwell.idk. just feel dumb for even have gone this far. Feel lost. Maybe I just need more supportive friends.
morethanamemory
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Run like others said! My ex was like that try in to cut me off from friends. Thankfully I have amazing friends that stuck by me.

You for sure don't need that and it is in no way a healthy relationship with him trying to control things.
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Run.

It starts with that. Then before you know it you are in the ER cause he beat you to a bloody pulp.

Run like the wind.
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 10:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Run!! That sounds controlling and like he is trying to isolate you.

Heath77
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't agree with that. I was talking to a single friend today and a guy she met and liked freaked out because shehas male friends. That was disappointing for her because she had really liked him, but that's not acceptable to her. I met a guy on a date before Christmas and we have been talking since he is working out of town till next week. I told him I was going to a movie with a friend. I only had one date with him and to me I don't have to tell him about my going on a date tonight that didn't even happen. He asked if I was meeting a male or female friend? I didn't say anything but to me number one we are not exclusive so he has no right to ask these things and if it were a male friend he needs to get over it. I have a male friend who asked me out tonight and had I know my date wasn't going to confirm I would have seen my friend and I missed out on time with him. I also plan to see my guy friend in a couple of weeks. I dont see an issue with it and I won't be getting serious with the guy I had one date with. I am not dealing with a possessive man especially since he's not even my boyfriend. Id rather stay single than deal with such nonsense. If I were you I'd move on. That's not a healthy person. These men are insecure and too old fashioned. A confident man wouldn't act like your man.
Heath77
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Its his insecurity issues. You deserve to be happy and this man needs to realize times have changed. Its 2014 and I dont see men like this changing in this lifetime. Find a healthy relationship and let him be alone because women won't put up with him.

Quoting FoxySmile: Havent known him that long. And I have been trying to decide what to do. I am not used to being controlled. so yes that bugs me big time. I want to run. But I want to see if he does it again. Promised myself if he flips out again. I will politely delete him off fb. Send his number to spam and block it as wwell.idk. just feel dumb for even have gone this far. Feel lost. Maybe I just need more supportive friends.
superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 1:17 AM
2 moms liked this
RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN... LOL Wait did I mention run... sweetie my ex was like this ... and trust me this type of guy is JEALOUS.... CONTROLLING... and in my case a cheater ....these type of men can be abusive !!!... you may think its cute now.. lol how he wants you all to hisself ... but its a reason why hes like that ... just keep your eyes open for red flags !!!...
Solo_Fan
by Member on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree.  I had the same thing with my ex.

Quoting morethanamemory: Run like others said! My ex was like that try in to cut me off from friends. Thankfully I have amazing friends that stuck by me.

You for sure don't need that and it is in no way a healthy relationship with him trying to control things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)