Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When is the last time you had your hair cut?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:20 PM
  • 59 Replies

This is one of those things that I've tried to do without doing more than 3-4 times a year.  Sometimes less often.

Do you skip haircuts or doing other things for yourself in order to save a little money?

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:53 PM

I often skip doing and getting things for myself. My last haircut was in April

SwitchbladeMama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:03 PM

I'm lucky enough that I'm friends with a stylist and we often exchange services.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:48 PM

That is lucky!

Have you given up something else to save money?

Quoting SwitchbladeMama:

I'm lucky enough that I'm friends with a stylist and we often exchange services.

SwitchbladeMama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Not really, I mean, if I have a week where I make less then I just cut back on "extras" like maybe grabbing a chai at Starbucks, or taking my daughter to a movie.

I was never previously married or anything, and when I was in a relationship with the father of my child I was the one paying all the bills. He didn't contribute financially, so it wasn't a big adjustment when we ended the relationship.

Quoting amonkeymom:

That is lucky!

Have you given up something else to save money?

Quoting SwitchbladeMama:

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:36 PM
I don't get haircuts. I get my hair done once a month.
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I get mine cut and colored every two months.  It costs me $60.  So i can easily save that up over 2 months to keep doing. 

Ecoseem
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Mine is waist length, not really because I like it that way but because the only person I trusted to cut my hair passed away in 2011.  So it's been...3 years?

TXHulaMama
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:47 PM

March of last year. I remember because it was a little bit before DD's 1st birthday. My mom paid for it because she wanted me to look good when going to court with my ex of CS as a "see what your missing" kind of thing. I didn't care, but I did want to look good in her birthday pictures. LOL

lovelyladybump
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:57 PM
Probably 5-6 months ago
Heath77
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:34 PM
November and I have a lot of hair that is very thick so I only need to get my hair cut about three times per year and I color it myself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)