Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Who moved out of the family home?

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:12 PM
  • 35 Replies

Was it you, or your ex, that moved out?

by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:12 PM

In my case, I left for a night (with the kids).  Then talked to my ex on the phone and we decided that I would stay in the house and he would move out in order to make things easier on the kids.

SwitchbladeMama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

The house was always my house, never his our "ours" - so he left.

hnye77
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 2:29 PM

My ex because the house is in my name only... At least I did that right. He wasn't working when I bought the home.

Oh and he wasn't staying home with the girls either, They went to daycare.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 3:20 PM

He did.  But, then, he already moved out and in with his tramp well before I knew of their affair.

The house was in my name when we bought it.  He signed over all rights to it when we got divorced.  In my state divorce is 50/50 regardless of who bought the home.

jenpen426
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 3:22 PM

I moved out with my daughter. 

vbway
by Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 3:28 PM

He left. We were staying with my Dad after just relocating to a new state. The plan was to stay with my Dad for 2 months while we looked for a house. He assaulted me. My dad's wife wanted him out that very minute. But I let him stay for a few weeks until arrangements could be made. I didn't want him out with no where to go. We were living in a state where he didn't know anyone. After 3 weeks, I served him with divorce and restraining order papers. We set him up with a bus ticket to his parents. 

Mommyto3band1g
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I did. He left for a month and our bills werent being paid and it was november so I took my kids and left. He moved back in with his girlfriend and when it came to court and them asking who wanted the house I told them that he could have it because it was no longer our family home it was the whore house.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 9, 2014 at 4:20 PM

He moved out.

Callaly
by Jessica on Jan. 9, 2014 at 4:32 PM

We both moved out and rented it out because we hadn't bought it much before we seperated. where I live, you need to be seperated for 1 year before you can get divorced.

We are still renting it out because we are making alot of money. Its in our divorce agreement that when the current renters leave, we can put it on the market and its split 50/50.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 7:43 PM

I'm sorry for what you went through and really glad you sent him packing back to his parents!

Quoting vbway:

He left. We were staying with my Dad after just relocating to a new state. The plan was to stay with my Dad for 2 months while we looked for a house. He assaulted me. My dad's wife wanted him out that very minute. But I let him stay for a few weeks until arrangements could be made. I didn't want him out with no where to go. We were living in a state where he didn't know anyone. After 3 weeks, I served him with divorce and restraining order papers. We set him up with a bus ticket to his parents. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)