Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

custody any advice

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:23 AM
  • 38 Replies
Does anyone have advice on how to get full custody?

He said he will give me full custody as long as he is allowed to see her once in a while. Can this happen and how do i go about doing this?
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rain2Rinse
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:37 AM
Just to court and get custody established. If he is willing to give you full custody it should be pretty easy and painless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowhitchic
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:42 AM
Do we have to go to court? he lives in another state and doesnt want to travel to do it.

Quoting Rain2Rinse: Just to court and get custody established. If he is willing to give you full custody it should be pretty easy and painless.
Rain2Rinse
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:45 AM
He doesn't have to go to court, but you do. It needs to be established in court if you want the order to be protected. Petition the court for full custody. Send him the paperwork. He doesn't need to show up.

My custody order was granted without my ex husband being there. My attorney forwarded him the judge's order by certified mail, and that was that.

Quoting snowhitchic: Do we have to go to court? he lives in another state and doesnt want to travel to do it.

Quoting Rain2Rinse: Just to court and get custody established. If he is willing to give you full custody it should be pretty easy and painless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snowhitchic
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Awesome thank you.

Quoting Rain2Rinse: He doesn't have to go to court, but you do. It needs to be established in court if you want the order to be protected. Petition the court for full custody. Send him the paperwork. He doesn't need to show up.

My custody order was granted without my ex husband being there. My attorney forwarded him the judge's order by certified mail, and that was that.

Quoting snowhitchic: Do we have to go to court? he lives in another state and doesnt want to travel to do it.

snowhitchic
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Awesome thank you.

Quoting Rain2Rinse: He doesn't have to go to court, but you do. It needs to be established in court if you want the order to be protected. Petition the court for full custody. Send him the paperwork. He doesn't need to show up.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:12 AM

If you are a single mom you already have custody by default. Also, "going to court" can be interperted a few different ways. You need to go file the paperwork at the courthouse, he responds (can do by mail) and then you file some more papers. You can do the whole thing without ever stepping foot in an actual courtroom.

snowhitchic
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Ok good thank you. he isnt on the birth cert yet can i mail him the stuff to sign for that?

Quoting krisnkids:

If you are a single mom you already have custody by default. Also, "going to court" can be interperted a few different ways. You need to go file the paperwork at the courthouse, he responds (can do by mail) and then you file some more papers. You can do the whole thing without ever stepping foot in an actual courtroom.

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Paternity is probably going to have to be established. He cant just sign it in another state I dont think. I have no idea but if paternity is not even established thyen he has no rights anyways.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 5:00 PM

Go to court and file. He would have to go to court in his area not by you.

snowhitchic
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you.

Quoting cjsmom1:

Go to court and file. He would have to go to court in his area not by you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN