Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Sad and Scared

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 5:04 PM
  • 18 Replies

Hello All-

I just found this site today.  My husband of 8 years left us the day after Christmas.  I thought we were really happy, but he says that he needs a "re-set" button on his life, whatever that means LOL.  We have a 6 month old little girl who is my everything.  I work full time and then take care of her at night, so I am just not sure how to make time for myself or how to heal.  I hurt so bad and am so scared of the future.

Any advice?

Casey

by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ivf_blessed
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 5:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Welcome to the group!  Men can be so dumb - 'reset button' - seriously!  I'm sorry you have had to go through this and wish you the best of luck.

Do you have family/friends close by.  If so, don't be afraid to ask for help.

Stay strong!

CareBear2013
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 5:48 PM
2 moms liked this

Thank you for making me literally laugh out loud at my desk at work.

Yes, we are staying with my mom, so that helps a ton.

I am happy to be a part of this group!

TurtleDoveLove
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:29 PM
The same exact thing happened to me. He left us in November though . I am still try to heal and I really don't understand how someone could be so cold hearted and cruel . I just pray for him and I pray that God shows him the way and pray that I am strong and heal soon.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 11, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Welcome! I'm glad you found us
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaevivid
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this

All your pain will be worth your future love... That man needed to get out of your life for a reason ... There's better things coming your way :) Later you'll look back and see that he actually did you and your daughter a favor. ;) Stay strong .. these moments will pass and soon you'll be happier than ever Big HUGS!

cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Welcome!! Men really suck sometimes
Chelsea_rh
by Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Welcome to the group! Im sorry that you are dealing with such a situation but things will work out. Stay strong for your little one and time will heal you!
BDSMI
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:37 AM

My ex left us in 2008 decided that the daddy thing wasn't his thing--we have two boys and I have full sole total custody with NO visitation.  What I can say is this the first year is the hardest by far--learning how to go from two incomes to one income, learning how to be a single parent, trying to find the new normal.  My boys were 4 and 9 at the time they are now 10 and 14 and doing amazing but the first couple of years were rough.  I work full time, go to school full time, I am a full time mom and I commute 3 hours a day for work so I am extremely busy BUT I have established a schedule that worksfor us--my day starts at 4am the kiddos are up at 5am and we are out the door at 530am back home at 500pm and then the crazy starts, dinner, homework, etc each night I bring the boys into the kitchen and they sit at the breakfast bar and do homework while I cook dinner and this allows me to spend time with them.  They have a strict 8pm bedtime and then that gives me an hour or so to have ME time. Once a month I utilize friends and family to take the boys 24 hours to give me a mental health day.  There isn't much time for me but I take what I can get.  Being a single mom is hard but doable. 

Mommyspurse
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 6:29 PM

You all are so great! I share the same experience. As I stated on the welcome board, my daughter's father left what I thought was just me but he hasn't even checked on our daughter. So, he left us. It has been almost a month. I can't believe it's been that long. We've had a couple of brief interactions through email and text. I had to send him a video of Laylah (our daughter) taking her first steps. The first couple of weeks was SO hard. I couldn't eat which made breastfeeding almost impossible. What I did was start a blog. It's not a, "I hate him, he left me blog." It's something that describes my journey as a single mom. I have also found it helpful to pray whenever I even think about the situation. I joined this group of awesome women and I also dove into the things that I need to get in order this year. House, Car career. You all will hear about that later.

amanda.lyn
by Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Aw, it's hard for sure, but you'll get though it. I'm sorry your husband is such an ass. Best is luck to you! :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)