Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single sucks somedays

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:12 AM
  • 23 Replies

I normally dont complain about being single, but today it hit me Im single and I hate it. I've been afraid to get invlved with anyone for a while, because of my daughter, and because of the hell I went through a few years ago. It just feels like all my friends are married, in relationships, or dating. Im the odd duck by being single and it makes for an awkward social get together. What made it worse a few months ago my ex tells me I need to find a relationship. Maybe Im too choosey about who I let into my life, but I have standards, and many men cant pass the L'il Miss M test(my daughter). So, I stay single, and watch everyone else hook up, find good partners, or get married. 

Sorry for the post, but I just needed a little vent for this particular frustration.

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
morethanamemory
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:30 AM
I'm sorry mama...all I can say even though its very cliché is I totally understand that feeling....and someone will come into your life when the time is right.
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:14 AM

So far it has been good for me.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:18 AM

I know exactly how you feel.  I have very few single friends.  I have been on the dating scene a few times.  Even recently.  I went on three dates with a guy just the past two weeks.  I haven't heard from him since our last date (last Thursday night).  I get tired of being alone.  I want companionship.  But, I wont' chase after a guy and I won't be treated like crap either.  I was married to my ex for 26 years.  Marriage ended because he cheated on me and fathered two kids in the process.  What I find hard is seeing some of my friends in happy marriages and fulfilled lives.  I have a daughter, too.  She's in college.  When I meet Mr. Right he has to fit into her life as well.  I won't settle for less.  My ex isn't in her life.   He's simply walked out on her.  So, I know the man I do meet will be more or less a father figure to her - that is IF my ex does decide to become a father once again.  He's had a history of being a deadbeat (was married before me).  It's hard seeing others move on and be happy.  One day Mr Right will come along.  He will for me as well.  We just both need to stay positive. 

zumbanerd
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:10 AM

I went through so much during my marriage and the dates I've had in the past few months make me want to just not bother with trying to find anyone. and the post about what types of guys are out there to date makes me even more prone to just live my life and not bother with men.

I love my life the way it stands today. I'm very blessed in my life where I can provide a roof over my daughter and mine heads, able to pay bills, and have a job I do what I love.

superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:18 AM
3 moms liked this

hmmmm....i dont get tired of being single or hate being single at this point in my life.... However.... i do feel slightly jealous and envious of the females who are "doing it right"  and when i mean "doing it right " i mean those females who are have been with thier bf for years and then get married and then have children.... often times i feel soooooo stupid ... like how the hell did i fall for a loser...i m very smart but why me ...i should have known better...how come i didnt i get an happily every after story....why didnt anyone say anything to snap me out of being in a stupid situation (my friends knew how i felt and didnt say anything)...im fustrated because im feeling the pressures of being a single mom.... this shouldnt have been my story.... OOOps im sooo sorry for venting on your post lmao !!!!....

but what im saying i feel you girl !!!... but hopefully someone will come in to your life am love you and your daughter soo dont give up !!!! just dont look for him let it be unexpected !!!

yezay
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I dated several losers and my sons father is no prize. I finally found a guy who loves both me and my son and treats my son like his own. After a year of dating we moved in together and are a family. It will happen and it will be worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Solotairie
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:52 AM

I am in the same boat - being single and hating it - almost all day, everday. Although I am a head strong girl, I am also lonely and unsure of myself because I don't meet a variety of men where I live. They're either too young, insecure or too married. Yeah!

I have no regrets in chossing to be single but its been going on for almost eight years since my ex husband and I split. I'm seeking at least an open, honest friendship that has potential.

Any tips is greatly appreciated!

mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:51 PM

I feel the same. I go out with my friends and we can have fun, but I always feel like the 5th wheel. Then I do get sad about not having someone to just hold me and make me feel special. Course not dating or finding a date sucks. The only guys who've hit on me are nasty and old enough to be my dad which grosses me out. Some days I'm fine being alone, but it gets hard when I go out and it seems like everyone has someone but me.

Frances0923
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I happened to love the single life. Just go out on dates and have fun with it even ig he's not Mr. Right but just Mr. Right Now... Lol, just don't introduce Mr. Right Now to your daughter ofcourse.

tlrafferty
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

TY everyone for your words of encouragement. I know the feeling of only finding the ones that arent suitable to introduce to my daughter.  I just get tired of the friends who mean well, and tell me i need a good relationship. My sister got offended when she said it to me and i told her "When you find your husbands clone, Im all for it." Dont want her hubby, just want one like him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)