Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's Chat! What do you have going on this week?

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:20 PM
  • 58 Replies

Anything fun or interesting, boring or frustrating, etc going on in your world this week?

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:23 PM

This week is finals week for my daughter (16) and son (12) at school.  They both seem to be excited to get this semester over with and move on to a new one.  

I'm hoping my son remembers to turn in his missing assignments today that he's been working on and I'm hoping to hear back from his school psychologist on some ADHD issues we've been discussing.  

With my daughter we're going to focus more on her driving lessons this week.  She's doing well, but she's so stiff and nervous still, so we need to work on that.  Any suggestions that might help her be calmer about driving?

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:09 PM

What's going on this week?  My Spring semester starts tonight.  I'm taking a required math class, so hopefully I'll do fine like I did last semester.  Slowly but surely I'll be getting my AS in business.  Not sure about a date I had last week.  I haven't heard from him all weekend although he was with his daughter.  We had a good time on Thursday night.  I even cooked him a nice meal and he kissed me nicely before I left.  Not sure if I should call him or not or if I should wait for him to call him.  I hate the chase of dating. 

I would suggest that you take your daughter to every huge parking lot you can find.  Churches, school parking lots.  Get her to used to pulling into a parking spot and pulling out.   I did this with my daughter when she was 16.  Just reassure her that it's best to go slow and take her time while maintaining focus on the wheel and what's around her. 

libramoon007
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Not much. Had a day off today. Had a good day with my dd. she had a library trip with her class and then we went to the park. It was a rather warm day here. Did some errands. Had lunch at Starbucks and then went to the dentist. She came with me but she won't next time. She did well but got antsy at the end. Then just home and finishing up house work, having left overs for dinner. The rest of week just normal work and then going to meet my parents at my grandmother's so my dd can go with them for a week. So next week I will be kid free! 

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 13, 2014 at 6:44 PM

I just have to be at work this week and hope to catch up on work.

No other plans.

SwitchbladeMama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:16 PM

I'm looking forward to having a drink or two on Friday evening.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Is math the only class you're taking this semester?

I've done that with my daughter, and she does well.  I'm trying to get her more comfortable on real roads now.

Quoting steviechick:

What's going on this week?  My Spring semester starts tonight.  I'm taking a required math class, so hopefully I'll do fine like I did last semester.  Slowly but surely I'll be getting my AS in business.  Not sure about a date I had last week.  I haven't heard from him all weekend although he was with his daughter.  We had a good time on Thursday night.  I even cooked him a nice meal and he kissed me nicely before I left.  Not sure if I should call him or not or if I should wait for him to call him.  I hate the chase of dating. 

I would suggest that you take your daughter to every huge parking lot you can find.  Churches, school parking lots.  Get her to used to pulling into a parking spot and pulling out.   I did this with my daughter when she was 16.  Just reassure her that it's best to go slow and take her time while maintaining focus on the wheel and what's around her. 

amonkeymom

Was the dentist for you or for her?

Quoting libramoon007:

Not much. Had a day off today. Had a good day with my dd. she had a library trip with her class and then we went to the park. It was a rather warm day here. Did some errands. Had lunch at Starbucks and then went to the dentist. She came with me but she won't next time. She did well but got antsy at the end. Then just home and finishing up house work, having left overs for dinner. The rest of week just normal work and then going to meet my parents at my grandmother's so my dd can go with them for a week. So next week I will be kid free! 

amonkeymom

Same here!

Quoting virginiamama71:

I just have to be at work this week and hope to catch up on work.

No other plans.

amonkeymom

Sounds good to me.  What will we be drinking?

Quoting SwitchbladeMama:

I'm looking forward to having a drink or two on Friday evening.

libramoon007
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:31 PM

It was for me but it was just a cleaning. Not a very long time so I thought. Everything is a long time to a curious 4 year old. She was good. I had to take her because she didnt want to be in school. I didnt want to cancel and miss a day of work. 

Quoting amonkeymom:

Was the dentist for you or for her?

Quoting libramoon007:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)