Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

OMG !!!! I spoke toooo soon !!!!

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:03 PM
  • 5 Replies

SO i just got the mail and I got a letter from the Florida family court say i have to come to court or else i would go to jail !!!! WTF ....i cant even put in words how i feel right now !!! My heart sunk down to my toes.... I'm SO lost and i don't know what to do ??? I am mad ... i am ANGRY.... nervous.... sad....scared !!!!!.... I hope they will let me appear telephonically !!!....I'm not working right now ... are these people going to pay for my damn ticket !!! (exaggerating)....  Now i know i wont be able to sleep and eat unitl March. March is when the court date is !!!...... uuugggghhhhh

by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Musiq_Junkie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Is there a number on the paper that u can call? State that u have financial hardship & REQUEST that u want to be telephoned into the court session.
superdivamom727
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Yeah there is a number to call...  and i am definitely going to call first thing in the morning !!!....  but it doesnt say anything about telephonic appearances !!!..... but i hope i can !!!...

Quoting Musiq_Junkie: Is there a number on the paper that u can call? State that u have financial hardship & REQUEST that u want to be telephoned into the court session.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:06 PM
2 moms liked this

hugs      group hug

toughmommy
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I work in a different court system in CO. Telephonic are usually granted for hardship but generally have to be requested and approved before the hearings. I would think it wouldnt be a problem to call in, in the morn.
They don't promote telephonic hearings because they don't want to be overloaded with them. They want you to physically appear if it is within your means to do so.
Hopefully, you can get it straight in the morning. All you can do, is the best you can. Good luck.
cjsmom1
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Hopefully they'll let you do it by phone. Can you request that the case get moved to the state you live in?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)