Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What do you call him?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 1:43 AM
  • 91 Replies

What do you call the biological father of your children?

I've heard of baby daddy, sperm donor, and of course ex. When I was pregnant I was talking about a few things with my family and my dad got a little mad and said we shouldn't call him his father because it takes more than sperm to be a dad. I agree.

I refer to him as the milkman. You know, like when milk used to be delivered to houses and babies who didn't look like their fathers were suspected to be bio children of the milkman or mailman. We actually talk to our mailman so it would be weird to call him that. Anyways...what do you call him?

by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 1:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 1:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Sperm donor. He donated sperm and that's it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
otoole
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 4:18 AM
1 mom liked this
my ex or the kids dad.i don’t like saying his name.
Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 5:33 AM
4 moms liked this

He is not in the picture at all, so I don't reference him much.

When I do, I will say his first name.  If I'm talking to someone who doesn't know him, then I'll say "the man who contributed to half my son's DNA."  I'll actually say the whole phrase, lol. 

Personally, I think sperm donor sounds trashy, as do many of the other slang terms, so I don't use those. 

snowhitchic
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 7:24 AM
3 moms liked this
I dont talk about him but if someone asks i say dead beat. then they never ask where is he blah blah because they know he isnt around.
SexyDiva19
by Alexis on Jan. 15, 2014 at 7:25 AM
Just as my ex.
cupcake_mom
by on Jan. 15, 2014 at 7:29 AM
3 moms liked this
Dick face, douche bag, anything else nasty you can think of. He abused me and left his dd when she was 2. My df has been her dad since we got together (we were long time friends) she started calling him dad 6 months after we got together and is now 7 and doesn't even remember her sperm donor
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jan. 15, 2014 at 7:33 AM
Just his name, or my ex.
bluedeaj
by Deidre on Jan. 15, 2014 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this

when I'm talking about him on forums online like here, I say my ex husband.  If I'm talking to my daughter, I say daddy.  And if I'm talking to him or with my mom about him I say his first name.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Ex-husband.

brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 8:29 AM
2 moms liked this

With family and close friends, he's dippy (short for dipsh**), with strangers I call him babys father (to me, a father gives the sperm, but dad raises the child...they don't have to be the same person). His name is NEVER spoken.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)