Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single, Mom, Horney, but not DESPERATE!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:19 AM
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this

Poll

Question: Is worth dealing with a man, that may provide, but do not meet other needs and your stressed? So you can say,"l have a man".

Options:

Alone and stress free.

I have a man.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 19

View Results

Hello Ladies,

Just because I am raising FOUR children and my status is single.....DO NOT MEAN I AM SCRAPPING THE BOTTOM OF DESPERATION. So WHAT!! The person I had my children with did not work out, life goes on. I am tired people assuming that I am desperate finacially, emotionally and completely providing alone for my children. Just because I have four kids do not mean i am going to settle to just have man either. Sure its hard, but I am woman and I can do anything I set my mind to. Yes it may be nice to have some my feet, but if he is never home and may be rubbing someone else feet, is it really worth the stress, for me, NO. I can call any woman to vent about about my kids issue and they can surely relate...I am okay being single. If I find someone I can share my life...GREAT. If I don't, I will surely live.
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Morrigan333
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this

My dd is my only prioirty really. We split up in 2001 (dd was 8mo) I've tried to date but it was really difficult. I've just really given up for now. My job is dd, and when she's grown..then it'll be my time again. I don't think it's worth it ..if you are lowering your standards. Mt stardards aren't gigantic..but damn..i WILL NOT deal with smoking, alcoholics or guys on drugs.

Ms_Mo
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:23 AM
Yes...I agree.
Heath77
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I am the same way. I could of stayed with my ex and I wouldn't be struggling financially now and my son could be in more sports and I could take vacations, and I'd have help. Then I think about it and I had all that and there was constant bickering and fighting draining me emotionally. I was miserable. I would get so sick and have no energy to do anything and I had constant stomach aches, vomiting and headaches from the stress. I had help if you want to call it that. Sure my ex would take my son so I could rest or get some cleaning done, but guess what I had two kids and now I have one. I took a trip to Miami for a weekend. I was all relaxed and felt wonderful and walked in the door to find a trail of an an icy pop stain on my carpet going all through the house. Hmmm..my ex let my son walk unsupervised through my house with an icy pop and we have a lot of carpet. I also remember my ex cooking and making big messes and me after working 40 plus hours at one time cleaning them. Sure it was nice to have him be a sahd while I worked until I came home to a mess everyday and yes dinner was always made, but I had to clean the dishes and mess and give baths and clean toys. That wasn't the help I was looking for. I am at peace now. Yes, I worry about money. Its tough being a single mom. I miss the two incomes, but id rather find solutions to that and have peace. I have one friend who wont stay single. She has been married three times and got engaged just a few months after her third divorce. The man is rich and is a great provider to her and her kids, but she is miserable since she is not attracted to him. Her kids love him though. So id rather wait for the right one or struggle alone.
Jenn8604
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:03 AM
2 moms liked this
And there's always toys just remember extra batteries ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heath77
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
True or the hitachi magic wand that is wonderful and needs no batteries lol.

Quoting Jenn8604: And there's always toys just remember extra batteries ;)
Jenn8604
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:06 AM
The more toys the better :)

Quoting Heath77: True or the hitachi magic wand that is wonderful and needs no batteries lol.

Quoting Jenn8604: And there's always toys just remember extra batteries ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Many have done it, so can others.

SwitchbladeMama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I have no problem satisfying myself. I don't need a man for anything. lol.

steviechick
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:14 PM
2 moms liked this

IF a man wants me from now he will have to prove he wants me and not my body parts.  I won't give in to another man again like I did the first guy I dated.  In my experienc, I've been burned twice by two cruel men.  Being single doesn't mean a guy thinks he can use you then dump you.  Men are human like us - they can respect another human being just the same.

I have no man currently in my life but when I do again he will have to wait until I'm ready for sex

jeramiahsmom808
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:14 PM

i with you on this one. sometimes i feel lonley especially when i see other people my age get engaged and married, but i have my kid to worry about. i am open to the idea of finding a man, but i am not pushing it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)