Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Talk to him or not?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:40 PM
  • 6 Replies
So I'm on the fence about contacting my 10month olds Grandfather (fathers dad). He called me in October and acted like he didn't have a clue as to what was going on between his son and me, and at that time I felt like he was just calling because his son told him I wouldn't answer, and to see if I'd answer for him. I felt like he wasn't very sincere about the call and was just going to run back to his son and tell him whether I answered or not.
Now that a little time has passed, I'm debating on contacting, but I still don't know if I should. There are some things that he did while his son and I were together that I don't agree with and I know he would probably run to his son and tell him everything about my daughter. I know I don't have control over that, but I don't like the idea of her father knowing what has been going on because all he cares about is people telling him "what a great father you are" on Facebook and stuff.
So contact her Grandfather or don't contact? What do you guys think?
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommy2zbg
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:28 PM
2 moms liked this

don't contact. If he wants to spend time with your daughter, let him come to you.

MotherRabbit
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:41 PM
When his son was harassing me by phone calls, I called and got it documented through the sheriff. They apparently called my daughters father and told him not to call me or have anyone call for him anymore. So I'm thinking that he told his father and that's why he hasn't contacted. But someone brought it up that there are other ways to communicate, (like letters).
Merleena
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:14 PM
2 moms liked this

not ur job. let it be. his job indeed. 

Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

This!! Unless his father is like 90 years old and going senile, in which case maybe he would need you to contact him first.

If he is a perfectly capable adult, though, then leave it be and wait to see if he contacts you. 

Quoting Merleena:

not ur job. let it be. his job indeed. 

cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you think he wants to be involved? Do you think the only reason he hasn't contacted youis because of the police being contacted?

Only you can decide what you're comfortable with. If you decide to contact him i suggest sending a letter (keep a copy of the letter) and tell him whatever information you want him to have. My thoughts are that you don't want your baby to grow up and hear that you kept her away from them.

LifeCafe42
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this
It's his job not yours
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)