Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fed up with the State *vent*

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:54 PM
  • 8 Replies
Since NM changed their assistance applications over to electronic EVERYTHING & i mean everything is going wrong in their system!!!!people not getting their benefits when eligible, others getting too little or too much than what is normally given to them. No notifications being sent in the mail when their supposed to! Ugh i wish they would just get their sh*t straight! Then to top it off the v/m for the office in this town is full, which means they havent even checked the previous ones on there!
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Aw geez.  :(  Hopefully it will get fixed soon!  I use free healthcare care for my son, and I left about 20 voicemails once, over the course of a few weeks, regarding a new application (the re-enrollment date was approaching), and no one ever got back to me.

I marched right down there in person though and took care of it.  Sometimes in person is the only way to get it done. 

Musiq_Junkie
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Its very hard for me to go in person. My moms car is in the shop so ive been letting her use mines to go to work. Im hoping their done by tuesday because school starts back for me. I drive 84 miles just one way to get to school EVERYDAY! I leave @620 am & wont get back in town until 630 pm. So me going in is slim to none. The one time i was able to go in last week, it was near closing & the worker lied to me. I think she was just trying to get me out the way so she could go home. So i filed an appeal against them...and still waiting on a call for that. Im very frustrated at this point.

Quoting Ridingsolo:

Aw geez.  :(  Hopefully it will get fixed soon!  I use free healthcare care for my son, and I left about 20 voicemails once, over the course of a few weeks, regarding a new application (the re-enrollment date was approaching), and no one ever got back to me.

I marched right down there in person though and took care of it.  Sometimes in person is the only way to get it done. 

virginiamama71
by Mom on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:18 PM

I work at Family Services and all I can do is say what we keep saying. We are sorry. We are short staffed, systems are not working and we are doing the best that we can.

virginiamama71
by Mom on Jan. 16, 2014 at 6:18 PM

what did you file an appeal for?

Quoting Musiq_Junkie: Its very hard for me to go in person. My moms car is in the shop so ive been letting her use mines to go to work. Im hoping their done by tuesday because school starts back for me. I drive 84 miles just one way to get to school EVERYDAY! I leave @620 am & wont get back in town until 630 pm. So me going in is slim to none. The one time i was able to go in last week, it was near closing & the worker lied to me. I think she was just trying to get me out the way so she could go home. So i filed an appeal against them...and still waiting on a call for that. Im very frustrated at this point.

Quoting Ridingsolo:

Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Good luck with your appeal!!! 

84 miles, omg!  I thought I had it bad.  I have to go 62 miles each way, but now my schedule is only 3 days/week.

Quoting Musiq_Junkie: Its very hard for me to go in person. My moms car is in the shop so ive been letting her use mines to go to work. Im hoping their done by tuesday because school starts back for me. I drive 84 miles just one way to get to school EVERYDAY! I leave @620 am & wont get back in town until 630 pm. So me going in is slim to none. The one time i was able to go in last week, it was near closing & the worker lied to me. I think she was just trying to get me out the way so she could go home. So i filed an appeal against them...and still waiting on a call for that. Im very frustrated at this point.

Quoting Ridingsolo:

LifeCafe42
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Eek good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Musiq_Junkie
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! Yeah my schedule is a hectic one, i wish my communte was just 60 each way lol. The first two weeks of this sem. is mon-fri straight, but then it'll be 3 days over there & 2 days of clinicals here. My program director was gracious enough to let my clinicals be here. So I'm thankful for that!

Quoting Ridingsolo:

Good luck with your appeal!!! 

84 miles, omg!  I thought I had it bad.  I have to go 62 miles each way, but now my schedule is only 3 days/week.

Quoting Ridingsolo:

Musiq_Junkie
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:06 AM

I messaged u. 

Quoting virginiamama71:

what did you file an appeal for?

Quoting Ridingsolo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)