Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child support vent....BEYOND vent

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:20 PM
  • 18 Replies
My deadbeat ex had a warrant out for his arrest for child support. He apparently turned himself in (he knows all the cops in his town) and they allowed him to pay $112 to reinstate his suspended license and go scotch free. He lives in New Jersey. Does anyone (who has an ex in child support) have any idea why that even though the court order stated that he needs to pay the full arrears b4 being released did they allow him to pay $0?? I feel like I'm in an episode of the twilight zone. Why are they allowed to get away with this? He literally pays nothing. Apparently they did a plea bargain and told him that if he tells them where he's working then he can go. Is this even allowed?????? I'm beyond irate
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:27 PM

By giving them his work information does that mean they will start wage garnishments?

lee2362
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM
That's that they said but he bounces around from job to job.
Quoting virginiamama71:

By giving them his work information does that mean they will start wage garnishments?

kitty8199
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Cops have nothing to do with any of that kind of stuff. You're not being told the truth.
Dmv reinstates the license after cse oks it.

Call child support enforcement. They'll go through the (long) channels to get his license suspended again. And jail eventually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

We have become an dysfunctional society of irresponsible people.

Maybe someday we will get back in position and start taking care of ourselves, our families, and communities.

Quoting lee2362: That's that they said but he bounces around from job to job.
Quoting virginiamama71:

lee2362
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:59 PM
That's the sad part. I did speak to child support and they told me this. This whole thing makes no sense. I just wanna scream :(
Quoting kitty8199: Cops have nothing to do with any of that kind of stuff. You're not being told the truth. Dmv reinstates the license after cse oks it. Call child support enforcement. They'll go through the (long) channels to get his license suspended again. And jail eventually.
kitty8199
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:26 PM
Is there someone over them? Maybe the courts

Quoting lee2362: That's the sad part. I did speak to child support and they told me this. This whole thing makes no sense. I just wanna scream :(
Quoting kitty8199: Cops have nothing to do with any of that kind of stuff. You're not being told the truth. Dmv reinstates the license after cse oks it. Call child support enforcement. They'll go through the (long) channels to get his license suspended again. And jail eventually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Group Admin on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:36 PM

That doesn't make sense, the judge would have had to agree to this as well. I think this depends on area because I know a guy who was arrested for child support and couldn't get out until his family paid about $2000 to bond him out which went to cs.

LifeCafe42
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:48 PM
I agree

Quoting cjsmom1:

That doesn't make sense, the judge would have had to agree to this as well. I think this depends on area because I know a guy who was arrested for child support and couldn't get out until his family paid about $2000 to bond him out which went to cs.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

The problem is that you only get one side of the story. You aren't privvy to what he is telling the courts. Yes it sucks. Keep working with CSE, they are your only hope at this point.

tlrafferty
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 8:54 AM

I dont know how it is other states, but first theyll take his license, then theyll take his freedom, and if that doesnt work, then they'll take their vehicle to be sold at auction to pay for fees and back support. if you have any idea where he works i would tell cse office, and theyll do the rest

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)